how tracking numbers are issued ?

BVnLJ

Does anyone know how tracking numbers are issued when a coin is minted, are they in numerical order or some other kind of method?

I have a trickle geocoin activated but has never left my collection, it was marked as discovered yesterday and the man who discovered it says he is positive of the tracking number on the coin that he saw while at an event. Just can't figure it out ( ? )

I have not been able to detect any kind of pattern

as far as I can see, they are random

does your trackable code have a "6" or "8" in it ?

these are often mistaken for each other, especially when the codes are small

"S" and "5" should not be an issue if they are in the last four positions of the tracking code

the same is true for "0" and "O" (zero and oh)

in my experience, the following five characters will not appear in the last four positions of a tracking code

"I", "L", "O", "S" and "U" (eye, ell, oh, ess and you)

there have been very rare instances of two trackables with the same code

but this should have caused the second person to have trouble when they tried to activate it

maybe you can get the logger to take a picture, and send it to you . . .

Does anyone know how tracking numbers are issued when a coin is minted, are they in numerical order or some other kind of method?

I have a trickle geocoin activated but has never left my collection, it was marked as discovered yesterday and the man who discovered it says he is positive of the tracking number on the coin that he saw while at an event. Just can't figure it out ( ? )

I have had about three people over the last year "discover" a coin that never left my hands. I don't know if they mistakenly entered my code, or if they were just randomly typing tracking number in an attempt to get icons in their collection. In all of the cases, I asked them whether they had made a mistake or were fishing for icons. I never heard back from any of them and deleted their logs.

My son is a great fan of lists. He would go round at events and write every coin number in a list.

At home than, we would put those numbers in and sometimes a whole different coin would appear, one definitely not seen at the event. (Cause it was logged into a cache in Finnland.)

We didn't discover that coin, as it wasn't the one we had seen at the event.

But I guess, if someone was using a programm to simlify the logging, with the automated logging it might be possible to miss such mistakes.