Is there a list of souvenirs?

Doctor A

I saw the recent post about how to collect souvenirs by logging various caches and then deleting logs, which I definitely don't agree with, but out of curiousity, I clciked on a few of the links in that post just to see where you could get souvenirs from and was surprised to see that the links took you to a few places I have logged, like the original stash and HQ. But I never earned a souvenir from those logs. So was that list bogus as well? Is there anywhere, like the lists that display all geocoins, where one can see what caches do earn you a souvenir?

I saw the recent post about how to collect souvenirs by logging various caches and then deleting logs, which I definitely don't agree with, but out of curiousity, I clciked on a few of the links in that post just to see where you could get souvenirs from and was surprised to see that the links took you to a few places I have logged, like the original stash and HQ. But I never earned a souvenir from those logs. So was that list bogus as well? Is there anywhere, like the lists that display all geocoins, where one can see what caches do earn you a souvenir?

I would say that making a bogus log just to get the souvenir show's bad form. The Idea is to visit the cache to recive the little bonus. But there are some that think its all about the numbers.... :lol:

I would say that making a bogus log just to get the souvenir show's bad form. The Idea is to visit the cache to recive the little bonus. But there are some that think its all about the numbers.... :lol:

Oh I agree who heartedly with that- maybe I didn't express myself clearly... I TOTALLY agree that you shouldn't log caches that you didn't visit just to get a souvenir, but I was wondering, since I did visit HQ and the original stash, is there a souvenir that I should have? (looks like niraD has maybe provided me with the answer to that question- thanks!) I'm also interested in a list, so that if I was traveling to an area, I might want to check out a cache if it does give me a souvenir. So I'm just wondering if there is a database of the souvenirs that are available.

I would say that making a bogus log just to get the souvenir show's bad form. The Idea is to visit the cache to recive the little bonus. But there are some that think its all about the numbers.... B)

Of course if you have an iPhone, you will eventually (if not already) be able to get souvenirs just by opening the geocaching iPhone app when you are in the area. You don't actually need to log any caches. Perhaps the person who posted how to get souvenirs by logging a find and then deleting it was simply trying to put non-iPhone users on a par with those using the iPhone.

Is this a new thing? I never heard of souvenirs before I dutifully logged my 10-10-10 find and it popped up.

Probably something I'm supposed to have seen but in my defense, I was told there would be no quiz on this material.

This is a new feature. For some reason that has not been revealed, TPTB have chosen to keep the details a closely held secret. Even though they unlocked one of the threads they still seem to be uncomfortable with some of the discussion particular where people who have figured out how to get a list of souvenirs discuss that. I predict this thread will soon be locked. The secrets of the souvenirs must be protected. :lol:

This is a super new feature that is only now being slowly rolled out. At a future point in time, we will all get souvis that correspond with those identified regions. I will patiently wait until TPTB are ready to retroactively award them.

Regarding the list, in the other souvi thread, someone explained the souvi numbering system and explained how to determine where there are souvis to be earned. Since this feature has not been completely implemented, there isn't yet very much to be seen.

From the information given, it appears that there will be souvis associated with states/countries/ major park systems and special events. There has been some talk about folding cache challenges into souvis down the road.

Edited by sbell111

I'm not sure I can see the point of them if they show up just because you have an iPhone or something like that. Shouldn't they be linked to actually finding the related cache or completing the logging requirement (such as for the 10-10-10 thing) or something of that nature?

a simple glance at the Geocaching Topics section would have revealed this active thread, i see no need to have two parallel discussions

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=261306&hl=

and for God's sake its SOUVENIRS not SOUVIS :lol:

I did see that other topic & I admit I didn't read through that whole thread so maybe my issue was addressed there, but it seemed to be a more general thread asking for an explanation about the souvenirs, which I didn't need- I understand what they are & how they work & I was asking something of a different question. But I do apologize if people think I wasted forum space by duplicating something- that was not my intention. I do think sometimes that the impersonal nature of forums like this results in comments thhat sometimes come across as more critical than I imagine someone might sound if they were speaking to a real person standing in front of them & maybe I'm overly sensitive so all I can say is I apologize for the duplication.