Trackable in owner's collection

GeoFam32174

I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, but I didn't see it when I looked...

We found a TB that was MIA for a while and was apparently somehow put into the "Owner's Collection". Now that we've found it again, the owner "moved it to its last known location" and has been trying to get it set so we can put it in our hands with no luck. Still the only options for us are "Discovered It" and "Write Note". :ph34r:

HELP! :D

Edited by GeoFam32174

Owner of said TB here, the issue is this

The TB in question does not show up in my collection so I can move it back into circulation. So if anyone who knows what might be going on can help, would be great to get this little monster back in action!

You need to first log the bug and Grab it from somewhere else. From there you can move it to your inventory and then edit the bug and un-click Make this Trackable collectible.

After all that GeoFam32174 can Grab it from you.

you can't move it by posting a log, you need to go in your trackables collection and click "move to inventory" after that the person that has your TB can grab it

No, while it's out to the Unknown Location it won't show on the inventory collection page. You have to Grab it first.

It will only either let me discover it or write a note?!?!?!

Well, I don't know what to tell you here. I set mine up just like yours and when I access the bug page and select type of log I have three choices. Grab, Note, and Discover. Non-owners would only see Note and Discover.

Silly question, are you logged in under the right account?

Perhaps Eartha could take a look.

Edit: I am seeing something odd about the log order that might be a problem. Let me forward that directly to Eartha.

Edited by BlueDeuce

It will only either let me discover it or write a note?!?!?!

Can you just double check on this please? :)

I've just been playing around with one of my own trackables (TB2002M) that is marked missing (in "Unknown Location") and it's marked "This is collectible"...

It doesn't show under my "Trackable Collection" link (presumably because it's marked missing) but it's listed under my "Trackable items (Yours)".

When I (logged in as the owner) go to "Add a Log Entry" I see 3 options in the drop-down box: "Grab from somewhere else", "Write Note" and "Discovered It".

When I log out, then log in under another account name (i.e. not as the owner) and go to "Add a Log Entry" I still see the same 3 options to choose from.

If you're only seeing those two options then maybe something is strangely amiss... :blink:

MrsB

Still showing as collectible... so it won't be in inventory. Not sure other than that...

I'd say you still have to switch that to NOT collectible See t4es picture... above...

Doug 7rxc.

Try it with one of your Tbs. I'm telling ya, it's like playing Royal Fizzbin. Once it's marked as missing the trackable/collection option doesn't help get it back.

According to the logs it appears that they were able to mark it as missing and THEN move it to their collection. I cannot duplicate this action.

Edited by BlueDeuce

So pretty much their is nothing I can do?!?!

And for those who keep just saying move it from my collection into inventory, the whole issue is:

The TB is not listed in my collection even though I moved it there after it went missing

:mmraspberry:

:signalviolin:

:anitongue:

Hmmmm

*sigh*

OK...

If you look at this link below, is there anything at all showing as being in Your Collection?

http://www.geocaching.com/my/collection.aspx

MrsB

(There's got to be a way out of this conundrum somewhere! :anicute: )

So pretty much their is nothing I can do?!?!

And for those who keep just saying move it from my collection into inventory, the whole issue is:

The TB is not listed in my collection even though I moved it there after it went missing

Eartha needs to give it a try or you'll need to send an email to contact@geocaching.com.

That is the main problem, it is not showing up in my collection for me to move it to the inventory.

Have you tried using the trackable code to grab it?

try logging it as though you have just got it from a cache, and select "Grab it from somewhere else"

That may then put it into your inventory or collection...

Edited by rebelgtp
I couldn't help. It only gives me the discover or note options. Geoholic28, did you try moving it to your inventory, as posted in the screen shot above?

That is the main problem, it is not showing up in my collection for me to move it to the inventory.

I hear ya, 28. Somehow your Tb slid into the twilight zone. I can't get my TB to do what your TB did, or figure out how to get it back out.

Send an email to contact@geocaching.com.

Have you tried using the trackable code to grab it?

try logging it as though you have just got it from a cache, and select "Grab it from somewhere else"

That may then put it into your inventory or collection...

The only two choices I have when logging are write a note or discover