GeoBoo's Golden Crow game

Shop99er

It's about to start!!!

GeoBoo's GOLDEN CROW game

will begin September 30th.

:angry: Watch this forum post for daily coordinate listings to one Golden Crows hidden somewhere in Washington.

:D Coordinates will be listed one a day for 24 days and at any time of the day or night so keep your eyes peeled.

:P Players will need to take the crow with them when they find it and bring it to the GeoBoo to claim their prize.

:smile: No cheating... we have ways to identify the crows.

B) Please post on this forum when you have located a crow so we can keep track of what has been found and what hasn't. If a decent amount of time passes and no one has found a crow we will post a hint.

I had fun last year watching this happen, I hope to try a get one this year. I attend Geo boo 2009 under a different name Moreorlesk9transport.

I do not understand the "Players will need to take the crow with them".

with a traditional cache, you leave it behind. With these golden crows, you go there and if you find the crow, you take it with you and them bring it to geoboo. These crows are hidden in spots a regular cache might not ever get hidden. My tombstone last year was hanging in water by fishing line :unsure:

I had fun last year watching this happen, I hope to try a get one this year. I attend Geo boo 2009 under a different name Moreorlesk9transport.

I do not understand the "Players will need to take the crow with them".

with a traditional cache, you leave it behind. With these golden crows, you go there and if you find the crow, you take it with you and them bring it to geoboo. These crows are hidden in spots a regular cache might not ever get hidden. My tombstone last year was hanging in water by fishing line :D

I've found a cache hidden like that. :ph34r:

#2 - Which early worm will get this bird? N47 25.098 W122 35.028

CBW just made the grab. While he wasn't the early bird, he still got the worm! Persistence pays off!! I had just told him to come back and get me (didn't go with at first cuz i'm only a day post surgery), when he started woo hooing! Congrats CBW!

#2 - Which early worm will get this bird? N47 25.098 W122 35.028

CBW just made the grab. While he wasn't the early bird, he still got the worm! Persistence pays off!! I had just told him to come back and get me (didn't go with at first cuz i'm only a day post surgery), when he started woo hooing! Congrats CBW!

Congratulations you will have to tell me where you fond it.

:ph34r: After almost calling it quits, I thought I'd check just one more spot, and there, right by where you were parked, in the bushes about chest high, was what I thought was a dead bird. After sniffing the air, and pulling out my flashlight to make sure it wasn't an "ex-parrot", I made the grab!

(thats right, a Monty Python reference. that's how I roll!)

I heard a rumor that a crow might be found at N47 41.788 W122 16.508.

It turned out this was my Friday off, so I went looking for the Golden Crow, and some other caches in this area. I was about to leave when I saw it.

Golden Crow #1 ( N47 41.788 W122 16.508) is out of the game. :blink:

:blink: After almost calling it quits, I thought I'd check just one more spot, and there, right by where you were parked, in the bushes about chest high, was what I thought was a dead bird. After sniffing the air, and pulling out my flashlight to make sure it wasn't an "ex-parrot", I made the grab!

(thats right, a Monty Python reference. that's how I roll!)

CONGRATS CBW!!! Thankfully Turtlefinder didn't have to join the search. She needs her "down time"! ;)

#3 - N47 34.521 W122 39.483

Congratulations to the finders:

#1 - yy's4me

#2 - CBW

Went out yesterday on my own with no luck. Took the wife today and she found #3 right away at 5:45pm. Can we continue on the rest of them or once found "nevermore"?

If this game is at all like the first one there is a prize associated with the find when you show up at the GeoBoo event. You probably could go out and get more than one but I'm sure you will notice people pointing in your direction and whispering among themselves.

#1 - yy's4me

#2 - CBW

Went out yesterday on my own with no luck. Took the wife today and she found #3 right away at 5:45pm. Can we continue on the rest of them or once found "nevermore"?

If this game is at all like the first one there is a prize associated with the find when you show up at the GeoBoo event. You probably could go out and get more than one but I'm sure you will notice people pointing in your direction and whispering among themselves.

We were just thinking one for the wife and one for me.

#1 - yy's4me

#2 - CBW

We were just thinking one for the wife and one for me.

The rules will be clarified in a later post.

(edit: There fixed it.)

Edited by Sol seaker

This game makes me want to stay home for the next few weeks checking my computer every five minutes! We haven't been able to snag one the past two years, but maybe this is our year! Hopefully I'll be sitting at home checking when one shows up near South Hill Puyallup! :D

My fault... should have posted some ground rules with the first crow.

While we can't enforce it we would like to see just one golden crow per caching family. It gives more people the chance to snag the crow and the glory. Caching family is defined as living under one roof or caching under one name.

You must bring your crow with you to the Boo to claim your prize. Each Golden Crow can be identified so showing up with just any crow won't work. It must be one of our Golden Crows.

Goodluck everyone!

While we can't enforce it we would like to see just one golden crow per caching family. It gives more people the chance to snag the crow and the glory. Caching family is defined as living under one roof or caching under one name.

You must bring your crow with you to the Boo to claim your prize. Each Golden Crow can be identified so showing up with just any crow won't work. It must be one of our Golden Crows.

Goodluck everyone!

Hope you do not think that we were being greedy and nobody took this the wrong way. We were just looking for clarification of the rules for everybody. While it was so much fun and we did not want to stop, we felt that the most people possible should get the chance on this one.

Goodluck everyone!

Hope you do not think that we were being greedy and nobody took this the wrong way. We were just looking for clarification of the rules for everybody. While it was so much fun and we did not want to stop, we felt that the most people possible should get the chance on this one.

No one felt you were being greedy. Least of all, us.

You asked a question that we never thought about, and we answered it. Thanks for bringing the subject up.

Goodluck everyone!

No, not at all.

Sorry if my earlier post sounded that way.

I went back and fixed it.

Cache on!!!

What's the terrain rating on that?

#4 - N 48 05.119 W 123 08.999

#1 - N47 41.788 W122 16.508 - yy's4me

#2 - N47 25.098 W122 35.028 - CBW

#3 - N47 34.521 W122 39.483 - WINGRIDER1998

Closest cache is Gc25b6x Why Maple? say's it is a 1.5 terrian.

#5 - N47 20.348 W121 53.461

Other crows yet to be found (to my knowledge) as of this posting:

#6 - Posted Oct 5 - N47.38.692 W122.41.900 (Only available Tue-Sat 10 am - 6 pm)

#4 - Posted Oct 3 - N 48 05.119 W 123 08.999 Hints: (1) Terrain rating = 2

#5 - Posted Oct 4 - N47 20.348 W121 53.461

#3 - Posted Oct 2 - N47 34.521 W122 39.483 - WINGRIDER1998

#2 - Posted Oct 1 - N47 25.098 W122 35.028 - CBW

#1 - Posted Sept 30 - N47 41.788 W122 16.508 - yy's4me

Edited by TheBlueFox

#5 - N47 20.348 W121 53.461

I found #5. It took 2 different tries to get it. I hustled out the door when I spotted the forum post to my crackberry. Looked around for a bit and had to abandon to get to work crow-less (Yes, I was late for work). I went back out after work and ended up searching for another 1 1/2 - 2 hours. You know what? As always, it was in the last place that I looked at.