Event Games

deranja

I like games that encourage socializing, rather than ones that send cachers off in different directions. One good game for that is geocacher bingo.

I'm not crazy about poker runs, temp caches, or events where there are lots of real caches in the park. It seems that everybody is off hunting the things and when I get home and look at the logs I see a number of people who were there and I would have loved to meet, but they were out caching the entire time.

I've put on an event in my area for the last three years that more or less resembles the TV show The Amazing Race.

Cachers start at a single location where they get a clue that takes them to another cache or location. If it's a cache, they open it up and get their clue and keep going. If it's a location, then they perform a task at that location. They've had to eat a particular food, drink a drink, find a comic, find a CD, find a poster, count windows on a building, find a movie, count lamposts on a street, and many others. When they cross the "finish" line, every team gets scored and the team with the highest score "wins" a little trophy. We have a big BBQ at the finish line for everyone to mingle. Goes over pretty well.

I've put on an event in my area for the last three years that more or less resembles the TV show The Amazing Race.

Cachers start at a single location where they get a clue that takes them to another cache or location. If it's a cache, they open it up and get their clue and keep going. If it's a location, then they perform a task at that location. They've had to eat a particular food, drink a drink, find a comic, find a CD, find a poster, count windows on a building, find a movie, count lamposts on a street, and many others. When they cross the "finish" line, every team gets scored and the team with the highest score "wins" a little trophy. We have a big BBQ at the finish line for everyone to mingle. Goes over pretty well.

That sounds like fun!