Glo-sticks as cache stash?

OK, so I've passed the point where I expect to find lensmatic Tritium compasses as cache prizes. At the same time, I like to leave something that is relatively nice/useful. For now, I've settled on light sticks. I pick them up in bulk and they cost about 90 cents a piece. I figure both children and adults can use and enjoy them. I'm a little concerned about leaving a "chemical" item in the cache though.

The sticks are individually wrapped and if you are familiar with them, you know they are made of tough plastic and very unlikely to leak or break.

What's your opinion? Should I try something else? Maybe I'll go to Oriental Trading and pick up 100 Chinese finger traps instead. :laughing:

OK, so I've passed the point where I expect to find lensmatic Tritium compasses as cache prizes. At the same time, I like to leave something that is relatively nice/useful. For now, I've settled on light sticks. I pick them up in bulk and they cost about 90 cents a piece. I figure both children and adults can use and enjoy them. I'm a little concerned about leaving a "chemical" item in the cache though.

The sticks are individually wrapped and if you are familiar with them, you know they are made of tough plastic and very unlikely to leak or break.

What's your opinion? Should I try something else? Maybe I'll go to Oriental Trading and pick up 100 Chinese finger traps instead. :laughing:

imho - you will always find someone to complain about something. im sure some kid somewhere would try to eat on e and you would be blamed for it... but i like the idea. unless they were to break (and youre right - they are tough to break open - i had to do some for a cub scout ceremony)

imho - you will always find someone to complain about something. im sure some kid somewhere would try to eat on e and you would be blamed for it... but i like the idea. unless they were to break (and youre right - they are tough to break open - i had to do some for a cub scout ceremony)

As far as I recall, these things are totally non-toxic, and it says so on the package. At least they were when we used to break them open, and put the liquid all over our tongue's in the army. You really need to liven up a GP medium tent at night, you know? I wouldn't recommend this for children though, and they kind of taste bad. :rolleyes:

They do freeze in the winter, however once they are warmed up to room temp they will work again. One of my younger nieces told me earlier this summer if I use one for about an hour or so to place it back in the freezer for the next use. I tried it and it worked with no problem at all.

I use them mainly when fishing at night with friends or family members (mainly kids).

But do they freeze in winter?

What's your opinion? Should I try something else? Maybe I'll go to Oriental Trading and pick up 100 Chinese finger traps instead. :)

As far as I recall, these things are totally non-toxic, and it says so on the package. At least they were when we used to break them open, and put the liquid all over our tongue's in the army. You really need to liven up a GP medium tent at night, you know? I wouldn't recommend this for children though, and they kind of taste bad. :)

Ok where we ever in the same unit?? Or maybe all us ex army pucks where sick in the mind at times

What's your opinion? Should I try something else? Maybe I'll go to Oriental Trading and pick up 100 Chinese finger traps instead. :)

As far as I recall, these things are totally non-toxic, and it says so on the package. At least they were when we used to break them open, and put the liquid all over our tongue's in the army. You really need to liven up a GP medium tent at night, you know? I wouldn't recommend this for children though, and they kind of taste bad. :)

Ok where we ever in the same unit?? Or maybe all us ex army pucks where sick in the mind at times