Wierd cache idea needs help and comments

I'd like to start a cache where you go to some coordinates and are asked to find some text (on a sign, billboard or building) that satisfies some puzzle requirements. It would be an "English Major" series of caches like: "Find a female rhyme" or "look for a hendiady". It would be a virtual cache with no container where you'd have to email me the text to get logged.

It violates a bunch of rules:

1) no virtual caches

2) being fun for a majority of cachers

3) not requiring outside research

4) not requiring contact with the owner in order to log

I'd like some help from the community to change my idea into something that could be published.

Maybe there could be a physical cache at each site to log in but also a series of word puzzles to solve first for a prize sort of a "log all seven of these caches and solve every word puzzle for a first to solve prize."

What think you all?

Well...

Make it a puzzle cache but instead of emailing you the answers. The answers can be applied to a chart, paragraph, fill-in-blank, etc. on the cache page that is used to converts certain letters in the answer into numbers that can be plugged into the coordinates. Place a real cache at those coordinates.

The cacher will have to divine the answers in order to find the cache. If they get the answers wrong then they won't have the right coordinates.

Well...

Make it a puzzle cache but instead of emailing you the answers. The answers can be applied to a chart, paragraph, fill-in-blank, etc. on the cache page that is used to converts certain letters in the answer into numbers that can be plugged into the coordinates. Place a real cache at those coordinates.

The cacher will have to divine the answers in order to find the cache. If they get the answers wrong then they won't have the right coordinates.

This great and solves everything. Thanks!!

It would be a virtual cache with no container where you'd have to email me the text to get logged.

If you made it an "Unknown Cache" (Puzzle cache), as Ecylram mentioned, you'd place a container to find, with a log to sign, where all the clues somehow lead to the location. So the cache page could refer to all the phrases and clues to find. The FTF "prize" could be in the container.

You can instead place a Travel Bug very similar to what you describe in the OP. The "mission" for the TB would be whatever you want, with the prize, etc. Once the prize is claimed, the TB's mission could be changed.

If it's a fun puzzle, and you think lots of people would like to try it, you should do an Unknown Cache. Or a series. If it's a series of separate puzzle caches each with their own container, that lead to the final cache when solved, people can solve just one piece of the puzzle to have a find. They could choose to continue and find more later.

Edited by kunarion

The cache doesn't have to be fun for everybody but I do know that you want as many as possible to want to find your cache. If you Google the term opencaching you may find a suitable place for your cache. Having it as an unknown cache is an option but some folks filter out unknowns, I know I do at times. To me, your idea sounds like a good one and should be well received by most.