Help me with a puzzle?

Catalinagrey

We prefer to not help with puzzle caches here, where the help will persist forever, even if it is against the will of the cache owner. T4E gave the best advice... ask the cache owner.

In very general terms, though, you generally are solving for 15 numbers (maybe 10, if only the decimal portion needs to be solved). See if you can spot 15 pieces of information that might be translated into single digit numbers.

Welcome to Geocaching Catalinagrey!

It is considered bad form to solve a puzzle on the forums where the solution will be available forever.

However, there is a Puzzle Solving 101 Series which should give you some hints on how to solve any puzzle, including this one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...14-e81fe3a9d2c4

Sleep on it. Sometimes I put a puzzle down for months and then when I look at it again, I can't believe how easy it is.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

Since it's not my puzzle nor am I the CO, I can't or wont give any hints, but I can say that's a nice one, and fairly easy. Solved it with just the information on the page and a quick look up elsewhere, but of course without a checker I can't be totally sure. But the coords I got are pretty much within limits of where it should logically be. If I lived in the area I'd go grab it. Will have to put that one on my list of "If and when I ever get to that part of Minnesota" caches.

no, i haven't, but there's so many types of puzzles out there its hard to know them all

did you try asking the CO?

Yes, but the CO is a kid and the last time they logged in was in March. (edited to add: March of 2009)

I'm still trying to figure out the "See if you can spot 15 pieces of information that might be translated into single digit numbers".

I just solved a Star Wars puzzle that wasn't too hard, but I don't know anything about the Army, so I'm stuck.

Edited by Catalinagrey

no, i haven't, but there's so many types of puzzles out there its hard to know them all

did you try asking the CO?

Yes, but the CO is a kid and the last time they logged in was in March. (edited to add: March of 2009)

I'm still trying to figure out the "See if you can spot 15 pieces of information that might be translated into single digit numbers".

I just solved a Star Wars puzzle that wasn't too hard, but I don't know anything about the Army, so I'm stuck.

N 45° 06.000 W 095° 03.000

15 single digit numbers.

Could be 10 if you only need N 45° xx.xxx W 095° xx.xxx

Could only be 6 if you need N 45° 06.xxx W 095° 03.xxx

Or if the 0 in the West is missed off (W95) one less digit required!

Welcome to Geocaching Catalinagrey!

It is considered bad form to solve a puzzle on the forums where the solution will be available forever.

However, there is a Puzzle Solving 101 Series which should give you some hints on how to solve any puzzle, including this one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...14-e81fe3a9d2c4

Sleep on it. Sometimes I put a puzzle down for months and then when I look at it again, I can't believe how easy it is.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

Oh WOW thanks for posting this. I skimmed it and suddenly recognized the names of the people who logged it. I zoomed up and it's 6 miles from my house - SWEET I am so on it.

(shoves silly work stuff back into in the in box)

If the CO is not available to respond to the question

(that assumes you have tried emailing them, not just posting a note on the cache page, Email them from their profile page)

Then you can try emailing others who have found the cache.

I'd highly recommend asking for clues rather than just the answer.

It is so much more satisfying to figure it out for yourself. It makes the trip to the cache seem like a free trip to the mall or something.

You can stand up tall and gleam with excitement all the way there, that YOU DID IT YOURSELF!!!

You learn much more figuring it out yourself. The key to the puzzle caches is doing more and more of them.

If you are just given the answers you won't learn anything to figure out the next one.

Has anyone ever done a puzzle like this GC128G5

Where do I start? I just need a tiny hint.

Also read over the logs others have wrote after finding the cache.

I read over those logs and they give a lot of hints where to begin looking for answers.

Like the puzzle series says, that you were referred to earlier on in this thread, "Know what you are looking for. "

The cache must be within two miles of where the question mark is on the map, so you already know the beginning of the coordinates.

Look over the logs and they will help you with what you need to look up to find some answers.

That puzzle series also says, "google everything"

Sometimes what you look up doesn't make sense until after you look it up. Then the lightbulb may go off.

Has anyone ever done a puzzle like this GC128G5

Where do I start? I just need a tiny hint.

Also read over the logs others have wrote after finding the cache.

I read over those logs and they give a lot of hints where to begin looking for answers.

Like the puzzle series says, that you were referred to earlier on in this thread, "Know what you are looking for. "

The cache must be within two miles of where the question mark is on the map, so you already know the beginning of the coordinates.

Look over the logs and they will help you with what you need to look up to find some answers.

That puzzle series also says, "google everything"

Sometimes what you look up doesn't make sense until after you look it up. Then the lightbulb may go off.

Thanks I figured it out.