Techo-biff and can't use my Satmap

TitchTori

There are instruction manuals, guides and i have no doubt threads on here where all this information is available - but i'm tired of looking and just want someone to tell me how to work my Satmap Active 10.

My husband bought me it for my 30th birthday and i've never properly got my head around it and now i'm going to hunt for my first Cache tomorrow and all i want to do is put in the co-ordinates for the Cache - but for some reason the one i want to look for (if you're feeling generous and like you have time to REALLY help it's East Gate in Rosyth - Postcode used KY11 2HX) it says further down in the clues that the coordinates above are not right but my GPS has the conversion but i don't know how to imput that - i can only input the NT1114 8204

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please!!

Happy Birthday!

Buckleberry uses SatMap, don't see him around on these forums too often, but there re some posts on SatMap over on the GAGB Forums, where Buckleberry has been known to visit.

Caching information can be transfered over to your unit via it's own software.

Not too sure if you can change the Grid Ref from Ordnance Survey. :unsure:

Buckleberry manages somehow!

http://gagb.co.uk/forums/

Follow these steps.

go to the main menu, then settings. Go down to GPS settings and change the 1st box from OSGB to Degrees minutes decimal.

You may want to do the following to help save power

Settings, Advanced power control, (power saving mode, advanced)

Settings, automatic screen off, off after 15 seconds)

Settings, backlight, reduce to 10.

Follow these steps.

go to the main menu, then settings. Go down to GPS settings and change the 1st box from OSGB to Degrees minutes decimal.

You may want to do the following to help save power

Settings, Advanced power control, (power saving mode, advanced)

Settings, automatic screen off, off after 15 seconds)

Settings, backlight, reduce to 10.

Thanks - you are an absolute super star. :ph34r:

Congrats on getting a Satmap :D I hope you found that cache. If you ever upgrade to premium membership, you'll be able to download then import all the details for hundreds (perhaps thousands) of caches straight into your A10. Give me a shout if you need more help.

I wonder if you can help me, I use a Satmap active 10 and download cache pages as .gpx files using satsync.

How come when I hover the curser over some of the cache icons ( look like parcels) and I press the joystick the "web page" will appear last 5 logs and the hint.

and when I hover over other "parcels" and press the joystick I dont get the "web page" displayed?

I can always access the "web page" using the POI files but some times it can be difficult to determine which file is ascosciated with which icon(parcel) I found your user name from the forums after you gave another user some advice about setting the gps to degrees and dec mins, I spoke to the guys at Satmap and he struggled to understand my problem

Congrats on getting a Satmap :P I hope you found that cache. If you ever upgrade to premium membership, you'll be able to download then import all the details for hundreds (perhaps thousands) of caches straight into your A10. Give me a shout if you need more help.

I wonder if you can help me, I use a Satmap active 10 and download cache pages as .gpx files using satsync.

How come when I hover the curser over some of the cache icons ( look like parcels) and I press the joystick the "web page" will appear last 5 logs and the hint.

and when I hover over other "parcels" and press the joystick I dont get the "web page" displayed?

I can always access the "web page" using the POI files but some times it can be difficult to determine which file is ascosciated with which icon(parcel) I found your user name from the forums after you gave another user some advice about setting the gps to degrees and dec mins, I spoke to the guys at Satmap and he struggled to understand my problem

When you downloaded the gpx did you specifiy v1.0 or v1.01? You''ll need to specify v1.01 to get the whole of the cache info.

Rob.

When you downloaded the gpx did you specifiy v1.0 or v1.01? You''ll need to specify v1.01 to get the whole of the cache info.

Rob.

AFAIK the only difference between v1.0 and v1.01 is the addition of the attributes tag to cache details. Why would they need 1.01 - or is this issue unique to Satmap?

Are you sure you aren't confusing .gpx (which has all cache info) with .loc - which only includes basic cache info (name and co-ords)?

Congrats on getting a Satmap :laughing: I hope you found that cache. If you ever upgrade to premium membership, you'll be able to download then import all the details for hundreds (perhaps thousands) of caches straight into your A10. Give me a shout if you need more help.

Rob.

Thanks I have found it now!

I had not noticed the tiny dropdown at the POI point how could I be so thick!

Sorted now but now I need the snow to melt