My small town just got littered with Micros

redtech

I think I would tell the guy with the stupid horse picture to go kiss the other end of it.

I think I would tell you to get to know the guy with the stupid horse picture a little better before judging him.

I may not agree with every post of his but overall he is more helpful,polite and helpful than many people here.

Myself included.

Ahh the forums...

I'm rather a brazen cacher. I'd probably write the other cacher a note saying how good it is to have someone out there hiding new caches- then I might mention if they thought they might be placing any larger caches that could hold swag because my kids enjoy finding the larger caches.

:):)

:):rolleyes::(:lol::)

Lol lol lol!!!

I think I would tell the guy with the stupid horse picture to go kiss the other end of it.

I think I would tell you to get to know the guy with the stupid horse picture a little better before judging him.

I may not agree with every post of his but overall he is more helpful,polite and helpful than many people here.

Myself included.

I was watching "What would YOU do?" on TV tonight and a woman said something that rang very true to me. She said something like, "When you see something wrong you should never hesitate to speak up about it."

Well, entitlement and unreasonable expectation are a sticking point with me. I'm a broken record on that refrain.

This fun sport/hobby/activity/obsession can ONLY exist by the good graces of the next guy who wants to participate. Many people conveniently forget that there's a person behind that cache and they chose to spend their free time, money, gas, and supplies to give you a CHOICE of something to do on your own free quality time. If you choose wrong, just exactly who is at fault? :rolleyes: The hider did something right because their cache passed the review process. :)

Myself included.

If that is the case, then that explains why these forums are so hostile. I would hope that most of the posters would be of slightly better caliber.

Myself included.

If that is the case, then that explains why these forums are so hostile. I would hope that most of the posters would be of slightly better caliber.

The forums are not hostile. But if you come on them ranting and fighting, you can bet your hostility will be met with superior and righteous intellectual force... :)

Myself included.

Ya, I'm going with this too. I'm willing to bet that the intent of the stupid horse picture wasn't mean or nasty at all, that's not the Snoog's style. A little sarcastic? Sure. Poking fun? Sure. but good natured as well. I think it was just a misinterpretation.

Hey Snoogs, did you ever make it through this area on your trip? Didn't see your name on any logs.

There are some really great woods near to where we live - in these woods are huge wooden tree carvings called the guardians of the woods - my daughter and I were working on a series of cache to place in the woods. During the time we spent discussing the series - another cacher placed 4 caches in the woods - 2 smalls, 1 nano and 1 micro. My daughter was upset as she thought they were 'her' places. At 9 years old I think it is understandable for her to feel like this - but I talked to her and explained that she does not have exclusive rights over anywhere and it was our fault for not getting our caches out quickly enough. She has accepted this and is looking for 'equally cool' places for her series.

Redtech said this before anyone started getting nasty about their first post.

I'll be kicking myself forever. I knew I shouldn't have waited this long.

Sounds to me like acceptance of the situation the way it is instead of the way they wished it. They posted out of frustration is all. A very human thing to do. Too bad being human doesn't live up to the standards of some folks.

Two weeks ago, I was preparing to place a cache at a historical point of interest only to find that the last stage of a multi had been placed nearby but had yet to be published. I was disappointed at first but forum members pointed out that I could place an offset multi instead. You could place your first stage virtually at your desired location and have the finder use a hint to find the physical cache a tenth of a mile away. Virtual stages aren't subject to the minimum distance from another cache rule. You could start your cache on that bridge, have them read a number off the bridge or count the number of bolts to determine where the physical cache is located nearby. Even though you are in a small town, I bet you could still fit a few caches in this way. I managed to find room for mine. Good luck!

:unsure:

This is what I get for being slow of course but $*#^%(#*(#%#$&. I was literally WEEKS away from this and he stole EVERY ONE of my locations.

Well, all except the one on my property, I guess I'd better hurry up with that one before he puts a micro in a roadsign across the street. It will be the only non-micro in town. B)

You snooze you lose.

SS

This is what I get for being slow of course but $*#^%(#*(#%#$&. I was literally WEEKS away from this and he stole EVERY ONE of my locations.

Well, all except the one on my property, I guess I'd better hurry up with that one before he puts a micro in a roadsign across the street. It will be the only non-micro in town. B)

You could, of course, go and muggle all of his caches, and continue to do so until he tires of replacing, archives his, and then place your own.

I can't believe I just said that.

You could, of course, go and muggle all of his caches, and continue to do so until he tires of replacing, archives his, and then place your own.

That is hostile.

That is hostile.

I didn't say to do it, just that it was an option. It's no more hostile than my telling a CO who deleted my log for not signing, that I could return and sign, or I could just return and destroy his cache, the option was his.

He decided to allow the find

That is hostile.

I didn't say to do it, just that it was an option. It's no more hostile than my telling a CO who deleted my log for not signing, that I could return and sign, or I could just return and destroy his cache, the option was his.

So, instead of signing logs you threaten cache owners? Just what does that make you?

I live in a small town, where I had been thinking of placing a few caches highlighting various parts of its history -- the Estate of the Tenth Baron, the Silent Movie era, the Railroad, the Funicular and the Old Speakeasy, a new mural. Then a new cacher came along, dropped a bunch of containers in juniper bushes and other locations around town, often with loose coordinates, that effectively blocked some of the locations I had in mind, and then disappeared from the game a few months later.

I used some of the locations I had in mind for puzzle or multicaches, where I could highlight the starting point or use information as an offset. Then I created a Wherigo tour of the town that ended up with a cache near one of my intended sites. One of the annoying caches has been archived after it disappeared and had a string of dnfs. So all is well. I suppose if it had not been for all the annoying caches, some of these projects might have remained on the back burner.

Edited by mulvaney

That is hostile.

That is even more hostile and demonstrates that you might have some issues to work out if you plan to continue playing with others.

So, instead of signing logs you threaten cache owners? Just what does that make you?

A winner :unsure:

So the point if the game to log the most finds by threatening cache owners? I find it incredibly silly to think you've won something because you threatened to destroy a cache if your log was deleted. (Remember this is from someone who says there is no rule that says you must write in the log book to log a find online).

Edited by tozainamboku

A winner :unsure:

So the point if the game to log the most finds by threatening cache owners? I find it incredibly silly to think you've won something because you threatened to destroy a cache if your log was deleted. (Remember this is from someone who says there is no rule that says you must write in the log book to log a find online).

And I find it equally silly that a CO would delete a log based on not signing, and expected me to return and sign if I wanted the find. If I had returned, I would not have been happy, and the event could go either way, signed or destroyed. After all, I would just be removing 'litter' left in a public place, game piece or not.

I am a winner, because he agreed to allow the find, after my description of the cache, and my reason for not signing.

Let's drop this. It's really off topic, and we have been asked to end it.

A winner :ph34r:

Not the word I would choose.

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Butane in my veins and I’m out to cut the junkie

With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables

Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Stock car flamin’ with a loser in the cruise control

Baby’s in reno with the vitamin D

Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love-seat

Someone came sayin’ I’m insane to complain

About a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt

Don’t believe everything that you breathe

You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve

So shave your face with some mace in the dark

Savin’ all your food stamps and burnin’ down the trailer park

There are a bunch of small parks in my area that I had scoped out to place caches but I didn't rush to place any because there were not any really great spots to hide one without making it a magnetic key holder type. All of a sudden a new cacher came to town and started hiding caches in these parks and it caught my attention. There was one really nice park that I had been scoping out for a couple of special hides and if he had gotten to it before I did I would have been pissed at him at myself for procrastinating. It definitely put a hop in my step to get the caches going and at the very least I put together the cache pages to hold the spot until I could build the caches. And I got some new caches to find in the spots that I didn't really want to hide a cache in anyway. Win win!!

The forums are not hostile. But if you come on them ranting and fighting, you can bet your hostility will be met with superior and righteous intellectual force... :)

I haven't been ranting, fighting, or hostile and I have had people make a few snide remarks that were uncalled for.

I'm sure no one took offense at your "low caliber" comment or considered it "snide"...

Redtech said this before anyone started getting nasty about their first post.

I'll be kicking myself forever. I knew I shouldn't have waited this long.

Sounds to me like acceptance of the situation the way it is instead of the way they wished it. They posted out of frustration is all. A very human thing to do. Too bad being human doesn't live up to the standards of some folks.

Some folks probably don't like to be called inhumane, either.

We always find it amusing and somewhat curious when high number cachers with zero hides start dissing the CO's... :)

Some folks use a differnt account to hide caches. This may not be the case (I haven't hide any yet and I've been around about as long as you have) but maybe it is.

There is a cacher near me that hides with one account and only logs notes when he finds (so he has 'no' finds). I still think it would be great to opt out of showing one's numbers.

It's no more hostile than my telling a CO who deleted my log for not signing, that I could return and sign, or I could just return and destroy his cache, the option was his.

It has been our experience that Giving in to the threats and blackmail of bullies is never the best option, whether it's hostile warring nations, business deals or family games...

:)

Well, all except the one on my property, I guess I'd better hurry up with that one before he puts a micro in a roadsign across the street. It will be the only non-micro in town. :ph34r:

I assume you're NOT using the word STOLE like you were entitled to the spots?

Hey Redtech, very nice cache page for your first! We like it! Outstanding job! :)

We have a final comment on this (not directed at you):

We always find it amusing and somewhat curious when high number cachers with zero hides start dissing the CO's... :ph34r:

Thanks...

:ph34r:

Well, all except the one on my property, I guess I'd better hurry up with that one before he puts a micro in a roadsign across the street. It will be the only non-micro in town. :D

*SIGH* No, I'm not entitled to anything except my own property (I assume) I was frustrated because "I" waited too long. I missed my opportunity. It was my own fault. I should have not used those words. I shouldn't have even posted the thread in the first place, but I was frustrated and posted it on a whim. I've been taught my lesson by the forum gods, leave it be. :)

And maybe try reading a whole thread next time.

:ph34r:

Well, all except the one on my property, I guess I'd better hurry up with that one before he puts a micro in a roadsign across the street. It will be the only non-micro in town. :D

*SIGH* No, I'm not entitled to anything except my own property (I assume) I was frustrated because "I" waited too long. I missed my opportunity. It was my own fault. I should have not used those words. I shouldn't have even posted the thread in the first place, but I was frustrated and posted it on a whim. I've been taught my lesson by the forum gods, leave it be. :)

And maybe try reading a whole thread next time.

Yep, the pot and kettle picture certainly does apply. Oh the humanity.

That is hostile.

A winner :)
Not the word I would choose.
Something tells me that the proper word will soon be 'banned'. Edited by sbell111