Any interesting obstacles on the way to a cache?

abelisle

I've set up a cache where one has to cross a stream balancing on two logs. It's only about 8 ft. wide and the stream isn't that deep but it makes the "hunt" more interesting

d65ca7e5-3c94-4a09-b5dc-30be72cae5e0.jpg

It would be interesting to require cachers to overcome a series of obstacles before they can access a cache?

I have a cache that requires a walk down a road destroyed by flood a few years back. It involves climbing over or around a few downed trees and a couple stream crossings. Sorry I don't have any good pictures of the destroyed road, but do have some of the surrounding scenery on the cache page.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ec-6aff5966517f

Edited by worstcaster

e1c80c50-a86f-4522-a63e-104d55d48c55.jpg

THAT. B) Now, I've only found 60 caches in my career (and I plan to come out of retirement tomorrow), but this was definitely the most ridiculous thing we've had to go through in order to find a cache. We waded up the river, thinking it was the only way to get to the first stage of the multi we were after. Well, we struggled up this thing, climbed atop of the ruined dam we were aiming for, looked to the left, and found a trail leading right to it.

:unsure: No comment.

5f5b5091-f063-48cd-aaf9-b809bfc6fda9.jpg

Oh well! It was a fun cache, anyway. Definitely one of the more creative ones we've ever done.

On a certain spring-fed river in Florida there is a 2 stage multicache. First you must travel down the river for several hours by canoe or kayak. Then you must locate the run from a small side spring flowing into the river. After beaching your boat and not being eaten by any gators in the process you must navigate this smaller spring run or the adjacent mud flats on foot, avoiding being cut up by sawgrass or getting stuck in the mud, some of which is knee deep. When you finally get to the spring, you must get coordinates from a plaque that can only be read underwater. Then you're in for a hillside climb to the second/final stage.

I suppose none of that is too out of place for the Florida wilds but it was certainly quite an experience for me.