New Coin - Wolf Haven International

Wolf_Pack

I had been looking for a "wolf" coin for some time, but found nothing available. That's when I came upon the idea of designing my own support coin for a great organization like Wolf Haven, which also supports conservation and education about wild wolves.

Just to be clear, the only thing I get from the sale of any Wolf Haven coin is the pleasure of seeing the support for the organization. My time, effort, and design has also been donated.

I am really hoping the coins will sell quickly. To date there was only just over 100 minted in total, between the antique bronze and antique silver colors. In addition to raising money for Wolf Haven, I want to increase awareness about the valuable role wolves play in the overall ecosystem.

Thank you to all for your support and encouragement. Emma at Oakcoins was a pleasure to work with on this project. She made the whole process easy and pain free.

Nice! I spent a winter at Wolf Park early in my undergrad. They had someone propose the idea of a geocoin to them early on but nothing came of it. I circulated my geocoin album around IRV one evening and now I think they wouldn't mind having one of their own just like that!

If I had not stopped collecting I would have bought two of those for the wildlife pages. I think the wolf's tail is raised too high, but otherwise great classic design!

Hi Badger10,

I think Oakcoins sold-out quite a while ago, but the Wolf Haven gift shop may still have coins. I checked their online store, but couldn't find them. I recommend you give them a call and ask. I bet they'll work with you to get one, if them still have them. Their number is (800) 448-9653.

If you have no luck, send me another message and I'll see what I can do.

Wolf_pack

Edited by Wolf_Pack

Hello! Yes, we still have 10-15 of the coins in the Wolf Haven International gift shop. They are not posted online but if you call our Gift Shop Manager, Sherry Stanley, at (360) 264-4695 x239 or (800) 448-9653 x239, she can take your order over the phone. They really are elegant!

yay! called and ordered one. thank you so much for creating this coin and supporting the efforts of such a fine organization.

- Steve (Waya)

As mentioned in another thread, the third version in the Wolf Haven Geocoin series (Gold) has been released for sale on Ebay. Approximately 40% of the sales price will go to support the great work of Wolf Haven.

After comments on another thread about my financial motives, I want to clarify the monetary aspects of this project.

At the time of purchase, approximately 40% of the coin price from the initial sale will go to support the great work of this extraordinary wolf sanctuary. Once the finances are all settled, I will donate all remaining funds beyond my costs. I have no purpose or intention to profit. The point of this entire project is to support and promote the work of Wolf Haven. Please tell your fellow cachers! Let's get these coins into the wild!

Thanks