My first bug - The Coffee Bug - What do you think?

Sketch

It might take a while to get to Southern California from Alaska, but I will spend that time brewing up a pot of Kopi Luwak.

kopimovie.gif

The Luwak (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) denizen of the coffee (kopi) plantations of Java, Sumatra, and Sulawesi, eats only the ripest coffee cherries.

Unable to digest the coffee beans the Luwak graciously deposits them on the jungle floor where they are eagerly collected by the locals.

The stomach acids and enzymatic action involved in this unique fermentation process produces the beans for the world’s rarest coffee beverage.

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

It might take a while to get to Southern California from Alaska, but I will spend that time brewing up a pot of Kopi Luwak.

I could have gone all day without seeing that graphic . . but as it is, I'll be copyin' and savin' it anyway.

I've never had the pleasure of trying luwak, but have been interested in doing so sometime.

If you want a great article on the coffee, check out Dave Barry's column "Decaf Poopacino" found HERE.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch:

Here it is:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=16190&Nocache=0.7055475

Tried to come up with something different. After I got the idea, it took some time to find the right item to attach the bug too. I also put instructions for the bug on the back.

What do you think?

I think it's great! I hope to see it around here someday. Maybe this Winter. I can just picture us curled up around a steaming mug!

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

Great job!

I did something similar with one of mine. It's a beer mug that wants to have a "virtual cold one" with as many folks as possible.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=56

It has a twin that my brother in law was _supposed_ to place in a cache in Houston. Well, you know how brothers in law are...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=58

For you coffee lovers, when visiting Austin, TX, skip the chain and visit Trianon. There are three. They roast the beans at the one on Bee Caves Rd.

I think I will skip on the jaguar java, though.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

Jeremy -

Dang it! icon_wink.gif You beat me to it. I did a search on just about every coffee related term I could think of but came up empty. That's o.k. though. There are a lot of coffee drinkers out there who are always looking for an excuse to drink a bit more caffiene.

Hope one of your monks makes it up to Alaska someday. I'll treat him to a Kaladi or Jitters local espresso. icon_smile.gif

Sketch

Jeremy -

Dang it! icon_wink.gif You beat me to it. I did a search on just about every coffee related term I could think of but came up empty. That's o.k. though. There are a lot of coffee drinkers out there who are always looking for an excuse to drink a bit more caffiene.

Hope one of your monks makes it up to Alaska someday. I'll treat him to a Kaladi or Jitters local espresso. icon_smile.gif

Sketch

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

I dropped off http://www.geocaching.com/track/find.asp?K=monks over Christmas vacation in Virginia/Maryland last year. As I'm from Seattle it made perfect sense to have a coffee related bug icon_smile.gif

I remember seeing their pictures on the bug page when they were first released, didn't realize they were yours at that time. That was until one showed up only a mile or so from my house.

It is almost a drive up cache. You can park very close to it. If you find one of the Monks... WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T SQUEEZE IT WHILE DRIVING! I had tossed it in the seat. Reached for it at the stoplight to take a better look since it was dark outside. I made the mistake as the light turned green. It's hard to laugh and drive.

beatnik

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

I dropped off http://www.geocaching.com/track/find.asp?K=monks over Christmas vacation in Virginia/Maryland last year. As I'm from Seattle it made perfect sense to have a coffee related bug icon_smile.gif

I remember seeing their pictures on the bug page when they were first released, didn't realize they were yours at that time. That was until one showed up only a mile or so from my house.

It is almost a drive up cache. You can park very close to it. If you find one of the Monks... WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T SQUEEZE IT WHILE DRIVING! I had tossed it in the seat. Reached for it at the stoplight to take a better look since it was dark outside. I made the mistake as the light turned green. It's hard to laugh and drive.

beatnik