Bicycling and Caching

Chi-Rho

I recently purchased a mountain bike for geocaching adventures. For those who cache on their bikes, what mount do you use to keep your GPSr safe and not bouncing on the ground behind you after a bump? I have a Garmin GPSmap 60 series unit.

Any other helpful hints for biking and caching?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

I don't bicycle but I do use a RAM mount on my hiking stick. Mine is adjustable for angle (great for sunshiney days) and the GPS clips nicely in so that even when I drop the whole stick, the GPS does not come 'unglued'... :)

They make mounts for just about any application including bicycle's, golf carts and in-car applications.

You use a combination of the proper mount for the type of GPSr you're using and the bracket that is appropriate for the desired mounting place.

Because mine was for a rather unusual application, I emailed RAM with what I wanted to do and a CSR emailed me back all the parts numbers. I then ordered them from a store near me.

I've been using the Garmin bike mount for my GPS 12, Rino 110 and 60csx (same mount, different 'cages' for each unit as I upgraded). It works great.

+1. The one thing I do is to make sure the wrist strap is looped behind the bracket, just in case.

I do the same thing with my strap. Never needed it, but the extra layer of security gives peace of mind.