Locatinless (Reverse) Caches

By definition, locationless caches, were indeed locationless. So no, there never were any active in particular countries, one could log them from anywhere ... for example, moving bridges, barbers poles, topiary, carved doors etc. One could log them whereever they were found and evidence gained.

If I recall correctly, they were archived in late 2005, and many restarted at Waymarking.

While playing with the iPhone back in January, I discovered that it was possible to log them

I logged one but it got deleted by a reviewer - despite it fulfilling all the logging requirements (see photo on profile)

Some other cachers also logged finds which have also been deleted but some backdated them to 2005

These have NOT been deleted which seems a bit unfair.

The reviewers know about this but have chosen not to intervene

How do I know? I have a bookmark list containing all of the Locless caches and I got notified each time one was logged

Mark

Thanks for your replies Everyone!

I have read the topics on "bringing back virtuals" which has also gone the way of Waymarking as well as Locationless caches. I have looked at Waymarking :laughing::huh::D:D;) I loved doing the one and only Virtual I've done and was going to look at doing a Locationless cache to "experience" one of those. I appreciate it may not have lived upto my expectations!!

Plus, I am trying to get a couple more different icons on my Geocaches Found List!

Munch

While playing with the iPhone back in January, I discovered that it was possible to log them

I logged one but it got deleted by a reviewer - despite it fulfilling all the logging requirements (see photo on profile)

Some other cachers also logged finds which have also been deleted but some backdated them to 2005

How do I know? I have a bookmark list containing all of the Locless caches and I got notified each time one was logged

Mark

I doubt that they know. Email the reviewer that deleted your log and ask that they delete these other logs. You need to send them the log link for them to be able to find it.

Mark

If only we'd known.... :laughing: