What is...

Kingxex

Well, considering he only has one find, it may be difficult for him to provide much information.

The hardest geocaches are usually rated accordingly with the stars that appear on the top of each cache page. A five star for difficulty usually requires going back multiple times, a very difficult puzzle, or often in my area at least, a very small container hidden in a place with a lot of possible hiding places.

The terrain rating will tell you how difficult it is to get to a cache. A five star rating means that special equipment, like a boat or climbing gear, is needed to access the cache. Someone can probably provide a link to the breakdown of the rating system for you.

As for the best rewards, the more obscure, large and new a cache is, the more items are usually worth. In my experience, if it requires more effort to find a cache, often people have traded fairly. Being the first to find will often provide you with higher quality SWAG. Unfortunately, it tends to degrade over time.

I'd suggest looking at the "Getting Started" forum if you have any more questions. Welcome to the game!

Edited by Brantflakes

Well, considering he only has one find, it may be difficult for him to provide much information.

I would think, with just one find, that determining which one was best would be a breeze. :P

I knew which one I liked the best at that time. I actually still like it the best.

It's like how mothers love the first born more than the rest... darn you mom for not having me first!!!

(I kid because I am the last born... my mother tells me I am her favourite all the time... even though I seem to remember her telling that to one of my older brothers. hmmm...)

Cheers guys! I basically meant like what's the most amazing thing you've ever found in a geocache! Like money or something rare :D

It's true I've only found one geocache, my granddad found another. We were intrigued by the site and he was unconvinced there were millions of caches everywhere until he found the first one. He's now telling everyone he knows and trying to form a cache team!

It's a fun sport I can do whenever I go somewhere and I'm bored, kind of takes me back to when I was a kid and I used to go treasure hunting in the woods, I'm now 22. :P

It's true I've only found one geocache, my granddad found another. We were intrigued by the site and he was unconvinced there were millions of caches everywhere until he found the first one. He's now telling everyone he knows and trying to form a cache team!

Now, this is cool :D !

Wishing him (and you) the utmost in caching experiences and fun! :P

Cheers guys! I basically meant like what's the most amazing thing you've ever found in a geocache! Like money or something rare
Don't forget: trade up, trade even, or don't trade. :P

Heh, I know, but still if you found something like that it'd still be impressive! Especially if it was a particularly hard cache to reach (up a mountain or something) :D

What is the most difficult geocache (i.e 5 star rating or hard location) to find?

What geocache has the best reward in?

This can be a universal question or a personal experience. :anicute:

Each person will have a different answer based on their own preference.

Personally I have certain CO's that are my goal. It doesnt seem to matter if its a 1.5/1.5 or a 3/4. I may find someone's 3/4 but die on a a 1.5/1.5 of my nightmare CO's.

On a side note...at the beginning of the yr when everyone posts their goals I had 1 goal....to be able to beat so&so for a FTF. My 2nd goal was to find so&so's caches without going nuts. I did the 1st, Im still working on the 2nd. :huh:

Personally I have certain CO's that are my goal. It doesnt seem to matter if its a 1.5/1.5 or a 3/4. I may find someone's 3/4 but die on a a 1.5/1.5 of my nightmare CO's.

Didn't even catch what half of that meant :huh:

CO= Cache Owner

1.5/1.5 = Difficulty 1.5 and Terrain 1.5

Some CO's are known for difficult hides- that in other areas would be rated differently.

You might look up the urban psycho series.

They are all rather dangerous.

Urban Psycho Bookmark Here is a link. But you'll need to be logged in to see the details.

140 miles is just a tad too far, I'd go that far to the A.P.E that was there.. It was archived : (

I do wonder about the two archived caches there. Any spoilers on them as they are archived? I don't understand...

You might look up the urban psycho series.

They are all rather dangerous.

Urban Psycho Bookmark Here is a link. But you'll need to be logged in to see the details.

140 miles is just a tad too far, I'd go that far to the A.P.E that was there.. It was archived : (

I do wonder about the two archived caches there. Any spoilers on them as they are archived? I don't understand...

No idea why they've been archived. I actually have never been to that area of the US, so I don't know much about the caches.

But I really want to take a trip and do a bunch of those caches- it would be so neat to do them especially to do a few of them in one trip. Spendy and/or dangerous but it would be amazing.

I remember reading about one a long time ago that was a sunken treasure in a sewage lagoon or stagnant water or something. It seemed that most people dragged a canoe to it and used a hook to pull it up, Others just jumped in. One guy used scuba gear. They all commented on how bad it smelled. Sorry, I don't have a link.

I would probably skip that one. gross.

There's a cache that was mentioned some time ago that was a real tough one. I don't remember what it was, but do recall it was a small wooden bridge in a swamp-like location. The comments were that a lot of searchers had gone all over it with no luck. Maybe someone here knows which one it was.