She Said "Yes!"

The "hunt" wasn't posted on geocaching.com but it was setup in our Palm pilot-based CacheMate program courtesy of the GSAK program. It was then loaded onto our Magellan GPS.

I told her that the cache that we were going to go hunt for near our house that was removed by the owner prior to us looking for it must've been re-enabled but in a slightly different spot.

It was located down a remote little path near our house that went to a nice little stream that opened up into a duck pond. There was some birdhouses mounted on posts there plus a nice bench to sit and observe.

It was lightly raining.

She and I both searched for it in the obvious spots but of course couldn't find it right away. She said she thought it might be behind the bench in some tall grass but it was too wet for her to get down and investigate - so of course I did.

Since I'm smart enough to not actually hide a multi-thousand dollar piece of jewelry in public, I had the ring hidden in my jacket pocket.

I bent down behind the bench, which hid the right-side of my body from her. I pretended to look a bit more for it and finally, after reaching secretly into my pocket and palming the box, said "I think I found it!"

She then said "What does it look like?" at which point I stood up slowly and said "it looks like this" and slowly opened the box displaying the engagement ring.

It took me quite a while to help close her jaw :unsure:

Ahhh - I think it's a great story; one to hand down the ages! May your marriage be as creative and successful as your proposal was.

(hmm, would it be a bad sign that I had to look up the proper spelling of "marriage"?)

Nice job and congrats. May you enjoy many years of servitude err... I mean marriage.

One of the best decisions I ever made was to get married. The other one was to get divorced.

KIDDING!

I wish you both many years of happiness together.