Tell me this isn't rude

poohisgreat

I emailed a guy to make sure he still had my trackable and hadn't place it and forgot to log it. He's had it for two months. This was his reply....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No i have it still. I am well aware of the guidelines and find it

quite rude for you to nag me about this after only 2 months or so of

me having your bug. I have a life other than caching and have quite a

few other trackables that i acquired before yours that need/needed to

get rid of. Have some patience, almost 2 months is really not that

long for someone to hold onto a trackable while they are moving it

along (especially when you have 14 trackables in your inventory like i

do!). And i never leave trackables in caches that dont have one to

trade for or are in a place that i deem to be even potentially muggle

dangerous. So unless you want your TB to be lost or taken by muggles

be more patient!

I know this email was a little on the ugly side but i was really

offended by your email telling me i have to log when i drop things off

and that i am "not suppose to keep them that long" (which im pretty

sure is wrong because i never remember reading an exact or approximate

amount of time u are allowed to hold onto the trackables is just says

dont steal them) as if i didnt know those things already!! I dont know

what made you think i would have just started caching without reading

all of the rules and guidelines first but i didnt so i dont need to be

reminded of them thanks! I feel like this could have been avoided had

u taken the time to look into the situation a little further by

checking out my page making sure i was actively logging dropping off

bugs and that i havent had yours much longer than i have had any of

the others.

Again, sorry for the hostility i just didnt like being told im not

supposed to keep them that long because i dont hold onto them for any

longer than necessary for my situation.

Sean

Two months is a very long time to hold onto a bug for. Most cachers try to avoid keeping them for more than a couple of weeks. It seems that he doesn't fully understand how these things work and was genuinely offended by your message. There's not much you can do about that.

Send Sean a message thanking him for being considerate and not leaving your bug in a "place that i deem to be even potentially muggle dangerous." Explain that you understand he has other things in his life that may get in the way of Geocaching. Politely ask him to leave your bug in the next cache he visits that can hold it. Finish off by reminding him that there is no hurry now that you know the bug is still safely in his possession.

Even if you don't feel the way I described above remember that he currently has your Travel Bug so it would be wise not to anger him.

Edited by BCProspectors

For whatever it is worth, just personally speaking, if I were to hold on to a TB for more than a few weeks I would contact the owner and let him know my plans and ask him if he would like me to drop off the TB somewhere else, quicker.

Also, I don't have the experience a lot of you folks have, but why would someone have 14 TB's anyway?

On the other hand it's like baby turtles. After they leave the nest we have no control and a some of them will get et by hungry birds and fishies.

Dude needs to use the shift key once in a while. I hate to sound like a grammar nazi but if your not texting you is spelles out Y-O-U.

and it's don't not dont, I not i... Really, this guy needs to take some basic grammar lessons, or at least get an internet browser with spell check! :)

also, I found it kind of odd that he kept essentially saying "sorry for the hostility, but **** you!

I've never had more than one TB at once, but then again I've always dropped them off in the first appropriate cache, not look for ones that "are deemed to be even potentially muggle dangerous" (this doesn't include the TB I own, which I haven't set out yet because I haven't decided what the best goal for it to have would be.

holding on to a TB for two months and he has 14?

we all have a life besides caching, if his is so busy wth take the TB's in the first place? :)

i never take any if i know i can't drop them off in the next two weeks the most

its one of the reasons that i am off completely on releasing any coins or TB's

Edited by t4e

He contact me again and again it was a long rude email. This guy don't get it and he's just a rude A##. I told him I hope he didn't find any more of mine!!! :cry:

Put little scanners on them, then when he does, communicate with all of them wirelessly to have them all grow little wings and fly off to rescue the poor little TBs and put them in a nice little TB hotel with 14 nice little TB 1 bedroom suites, each with little TB bathrooms. :)

note: this is an attempt at humour, not to be taken literally.

why would someone have 14 TB's anyway?

He's a straight-up kleptomaniac. No way he traded even and ended up with 14 TB's, as he says, unless he released 14 of his own.

Trade? Where does trade come into play with a TB?

Back OT...

I dunno, maybe he got up on the wrong side of the bed. Perhaps he is battling depression. He could even be bi-polar. But that isn't the point at this juncture...

He has contacted the OP again (dunno if it was unsolicited, or the content). If it continues the matter should be referred directly to GS. Not about the TB per se, but the repeated contacts if they are as the OP eludes they are.

My 2¢.

He contact me again and again it was a long rude email. This guy don't get it and he's just a rude A##. I told him I hope he didn't find any more of mine!!! :)

Now, I see why my notification to you was met with open arms. I promise we ARE leaving the state first week of June and your TB is coming with me. :cry:

Edited by USMCGecko

First off, let me point out all of the forum violations that are occurring in this thread.

Posting private emails.

Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

Because of all these violations I am closing this thread.

If you want to open one on a less personal basis, please do so without mentioning names, and posting private emails, calling people names, and using veiled foul language. Two months isn't really that long, and you have to stop emailing the guy before you make him so mad he throws the TB out the car window. Not everyone caches every week, and if you can't understand that and have some patience with those who can't, then you shouldn't be in the Travel Bug game.

Everyone please take this as a warning. Any more name calling, and posting of private discussions will result in forum time outs for certain individuals.