T.O.T. and Milestone in one!

So I'm pretty new at Geocaching. I was at 99 finds (and 25 hides) and a new GC popped up close to me. I was short of time, but I bailed out down to the new cache: GC2888T Bark is worse than bite. I spent way too long, about an hour, and did not find it. Not only did I not find it, I did not see anyone else in my hour there.

I then had my heart set on a FTF for Cache #100. I was forced to leave with a DNF. I shared my thoughts in the post, and a day later, PRESTO!: GC28AE7 "Orr,What!"\I.H.O."Nitro-Blast"100thTreasureFound! popped in my mailbox! Like a firman going to a fire, I ran out of the house with NO TOOLS and nothing to assist other than my GPS.

I found the location, scoured the area, then figured I had to return with a tool of the trade that I did not yet have. So, 30 seconds in a frantic rush, I now have my first home made TOTT that I'll keep with me.

Items needed:

Flexible hose (vacuum line, spark plug wire, etc)

Wood flat head screw

Magnets

photo291.jpg

photo292w.jpg

photo293c.jpg

photo295s.jpg

With my TOTT, I was successful in making my first milestone cache #100 a FTF. THANK YOU U_2_U!

The handy TOTT stores easy in my cachin-bag, and I cant break it like the "antenna" type.

Simple enough, but I didnt know how valuable they are until recently!

On to the NEXT HUNDRED!

(thanks for the ttot correction... I told ya I was new!)

Edited by Nitro Blast

Sorry, I didnt realize it was so cryptic!

Screw in hose gives magnet something to grab. So I can use it as a magnet tool, or to pick up a magnet nano without the magnet.

The "Hose" in this case is a section of spark plug wire. Was a bit softer than the vacuum line I had laying around.

Edited by Nitro Blast

Sorry, I didnt realize it was so cryptic!

Screw in hose gives magnet something to grab. So I can use it as a magnet tool, or to pick up a magnet nano without the magnet.

The "Hose" in this case is a section of spark plug wire. Was a bit softer than the vacuum line I had laying around.

Neat idea! Thanks for sharing...it would weigh less than my telescoping magnet too.

Sooooooo, is that a P38 or a B Series 24 / 25 off your leftt shoulder??

Neither!

Its an AC-130.

file0065.jpg

And sorry for the other funny photo... the black thing is a lighter, stuck to the magnet to show how strong it is.

Edited by Nitro Blast

Sooooooo, is that a P38 or a B Series 24 / 25 off your leftt shoulder??

Neither!

Its an AC-130.

file0065.jpg

And sorry for the other funny photo... the black thing is a lighter, stuck to the magnet to show how strong it is.

Nice fleet... More of a chopper guy but nice...

Oh, I thought you were gonna show us how to turn the thing into a mini flame-thrower. :blink: Now THAT would be a TOTT!

Now you've gone and done it.... the seed has been planted...