Finding a cache....

Hello again.... I need advice...

While out my middle child Mr. Dramma found a cache. We dont have a GC # just a copy of all who have signed the log. It is a Mystery/Puzzle Cache. I will have to track down the correct cache. After I do I can log this a Find? That is my question.... I know that if you hide a cache and it is too close to a Mystery cache and then you go and find it. I would not log that. This is not the case. Mr. Drama said " Dad this would be a cool place here for a cache. Wait there is one already here. How come we havent got this one? LOL :rolleyes: ."

So is it ok to log this as a find even though I didn't solve the puzzle or solve the mystery?

Thanks

Edited by sdrawkcab

Hello again.... I need advice...

While out my middle child Mr. Dramma found a cache. We dont have a GC # just a copy of all who have signed the log. It is a Mystery/Puzzle Cache. I will have to track down the correct cache. After I do I can log this a Find? That is my question.... I know that if you hide a cache and it is too close to a Mystery cache and then you go and find it. I would not log that. This is not the case. Mr. Drama said " Dad this would be a cool place here for a cache. Wait there is one already here. How come we havent got this one? LOL :rolleyes: ."

So is it ok to log this as a find even though I didn't solve the puzzle or solve the mystery?

Thanks

I would say it is, but the cache owner may feel differently. Still, if your name is in the log you did find it. You could post an ambiguous found log and not worry about it, or write about the circumstances and see what happens.

I would say it is, but the cache owner may feel differently. Still, if your name is in the log you did find it. You could post an ambiguous found log and not worry about it, or write about the circumstances and see what happens.

Thats what I did.... Lotus the CO has a lot of caches here in the DFW (west side of Fort Worth) area. I don't think he will have a problem.... I found the cache.... Here's a link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0e-74448a57f31f

I have had a few cachers find my mystery caches without solving them. Sign log. Get smiley. Go for it!

On the other fin, I logged FTF on a mystery cache that I had not solved, and the CO gave me such a hard time that I deleted the find, and put him on my ignore list! I had not 'experienced the cache in the intended manner.' No great loss.

Lotus would not mind.....he's supposed to be a really cool guy. Interesting how you've found a cache by accident so quickly in your "career". I think I've found three so far in my two years of caching! It's even MORE fun that way!

Well it was the middle child.... He went over to the Cache location and said that this would be a good place for a cache. Then said that there was one already there. LOL :rolleyes: Thats our Mr. Drama.