An Endorsement for Lock & Lock Containers

One of my caches is hidden in some murky water in a hollow tee.

IMG00106.jpg

The container is a small Lock & Lock. You can't see the container in the picture below because it contains a stone that makes it sink.

IMG00057.jpg

Over the winter the water froze completely solid. The container was encased in ice.

IMG00108.jpg

I checked on the cache shortly after the spring thaw and found some moisture in the container, but the contents were in good shape and the log was dry in its little baggie.

IMG00056.jpg

Does anyone else have any examples of containers holding up in extreme conditions?

Edited by Wooden Cyclist

I like the Lock & Lock brand but not many of the others that are out there. Lock & Lock's seem to seal and hold up best. There was one other brand that I've heard good things about but I don't recall the name and haven't had any personal experience with it.

However, even with the Lock & Lock, I've had a few lately where the locking tabs have broken off after repeated openings over 2+ years out in the elements. Once a tab breaks or even get very worn, it doesn't hold down the lid as tightly.

I'll still use them in places where I don't want to place an ammo can, but I think they need to be checked on after being out for awhile.