I hate when I cry like a baby.

ScottKaren

It's probably true that the majority of the population are good people but it only takes one or two jerks to soil the belief. The ill-willed usually are the ones that make the news but with billions of people on this planet, remember the news is only covering a tiny percentage of the population.

Logs like those are great because they reinforce that there are good pople out there.

"The ill-willed usually are the ones that make the news but with billions of people on this planet, remember the news is only covering a tiny percentage of the population."

A good thing to keep in mind. There are some neat folks out there.

Hey Scott,

Tell Daniel I haven't see his gnome yet but my daughter's cats, Lightning & Thunderbolt say hello.

HG

Mods, thanks for the try are editing the title, whatever you do, do NOT merge these threads. :wub:

CC, I found a bug that had gone missing for 5 years, so there is hope yet. You just don't want anything to happen to your kids stuff, I know how that is.

GB and Pop, ain't it great to get a little sunshine in your life like that? Hopefully others who find it are just as nice. I figured, hey I really liked reading what people had written so why not pass it on.

Oh and BTW, we used to foster puppies and kittens so now that we only have four dogs and two cats it seems like the house is almost empty... well at least manageable.

Pop, now that is funny I don't care who you are. Except Daniel would say that we don't talk like that and that is no way to treat a pet. He keeps us on the straight and narrow. What can I say he has a pure heart of gold.

I, too, have added this to my watch list. Thank you for sharing, this is the kind of thing I really like to see. The TB is around 90 miles away from me right now so maybe someday I'll see the gnome...

In the meantime, I am an animal rescuer full time and have 6 dogs (just adopted my last foster who is in renal failure but doing great, I even plan to take her caching on short trips), 7 cats, and 5 guinea pigs (with fosters coming and going all the time!) Hi from all of us to Daniel!

Honestly the kindness in the world can just be amazing. I received an e-mail that the travel bug has been placed in a cache in Colorado. Since this cache is in a cold weather spot, they made a scarf and blanket for the smurf. The also said to tell my son HI. (Here I am at work starting to tear up again.........)

I sure hope they post the pictures they promised. I would love to see the little guy all bundled up. So would Daniel. He has really started to enjoy this.

Honestly the kindness in the world can just be amazing. I received an e-mail that the travel bug has been placed in a cache in Colorado. Since this cache is in a cold weather spot, they made a scarf and blanket for the smurf. The also said to tell my son HI. (Here I am at work starting to tear up again.........)

I sure hope they post the pictures they promised. I would love to see the little guy all bundled up. So would Daniel. He has really started to enjoy this.

Hey........ HE'S ACROSS TOWN FROM ME!!! Hmmmm........ I'll see if I can't pick him up or take some pics of him, if he's there tomorrow.

Hey........ HE'S ACROSS TOWN FROM ME!!! Hmmmm........ I'll see if I can't pick him up or take some pics of him, if he's there tomorrow.

That is awesome! Take pictures if you do get him. I want to see the scarf and blanket. :huh:

NG, Hey thanks to you and your friends for keeping Daniels travel gnome going.

Now it is picture time!!!! This is not all of them, but just some of the pictures posted. They include the gnome and the scarf!!!!!

(I hope, I have not posted pics in awhile and they have changed photobucket)

ee8a2b08-445f-454a-9c40-dadeb6e85e4.jpg

Look at the size of this dog!!!

9bd7e38e-224c-4d4c-9aac-4d5deae852a.jpg

Pre-scarf

603501be-580d-414a-b6ac-2141b4d72ed.jpg

The scarf!!!

205dd7e2-1d85-4ba2-8675-295fab5fe6f.jpg

They said this was him with his family!

a05dbc01-48d8-44fe-8289-db0b5f6b460.jpg

I still have the gnome.... I was going to place him yesterday but first I wanted to get a pic of him with the Monday Musketeers. WELL...... our best photographer left her camera at the zoo where she works so no group photo.... YET. I did have an idea of taking his photo and then photoshopping him into a group pic of us. Taht's one possible idea.

Then I remembered........ we have an event coming up this Sunday so I'll take him there, let others discover him, and get some pics of him at the event. One thing I haven't figured out, and he won't tell me, does he like brauts or burgers?? :blink:

Well.... I took him to the event where several people discovered him. Somewhere during the event someone picked him up to move along. Those that saw him thought the blanket and scarf were cute and got a kick out of hearing Daniels story and the gnome's logging requirement. I think he'll have a good trip from here to someplace interesting.

Well.... I took him to the event where several people discovered him. Somewhere during the event someone picked him up to move along. Those that saw him thought the blanket and scarf were cute and got a kick out of hearing Daniels story and the gnome's logging requirement. I think he'll have a good trip from here to someplace interesting.

Awesome, just absolutely awesome! We told Daniel that you were going to take the gnome to a picnic and he was pretty excited about it. He was really happy to hear that you were taking him there. It is interesting, the more people that get involved with this the more he is enjoying it.

THANKS ngrrfan!

Awesome, just absolutely awesome! We told Daniel that you were going to take the gnome to a picnic and he was pretty excited about it. He was really happy to hear that you were taking him there. It is interesting, the more people that get involved with this the more he is enjoying it.

THANKS ngrrfan!

It was my pleasure and privilege to (1) pick up the gnome, (2) share him with the Monday Musketeers, (3) take him to a 10 anniversary event (much better than spending that time tucked away in some cache container [which reminds me.... he likes burgers with lots of onions and mustard] :D ), and (4) pass him along to someone else to be not only discovered but moved as well.