Match Stick Containers Missing

JJTally

I have noticed that my local Walmart has stopped stocking the blazing orange, match stick containers that work pretty darn good as micros. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this shortage in their stores? Does anyone know where they can be found besides those cheaper versions found on Amazon? I miss my container!

I have noticed that my local Walmart has stopped stocking the blazing orange, match stick containers that work pretty darn good as micros. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this shortage in their stores? Does anyone know where they can be found besides those cheaper versions found on Amazon? I miss my container!

Walmart is getting really bad about not restocking some items. Maybe with the spring camping season coming they will get some and you can stock up. I agree those seem to keep things pretty dry.

I did indeed see a thread on a local Geocaching forum in Western New York State where some guy said he couldn't find them at about 5 different Wally World's anymore, spread out over about a 30 mile radius. This was no more than two months ago.

I've bought most of mine over the years at Gander Mountain, but they're green and slightly smaller than the Wally World Orange ones. And they keep raising the friggin' price every time I'm there. I think they're up to like $2.29 now, and they were 99 cents a couple of years ago.

Walmart is getting really bad about not restocking some items. Maybe with the spring camping season coming they will get some and you can stock up. I agree those seem to keep things pretty dry.

I just picked up a half-dozen of the orange Coleman match containers at Wal-Mart today. They were up to $1 each, but I was very surprised to see that they were filled with waterproof matches and a small baggie (which I can use) that contains a strip of emery cloth!!
Our walmart switched brands now we have them. They are now Colman brand and come with matches and a strike pd...still orange and 99 cents.

I'm holding both in my hands right now. The physical dimensions are almost identical (the Coleman one is just a little smaller). The plastic of the Coleman is softer though. When screwing on the cap you can really feel the difference - it doesn't screw in as well as the Ozark Trail container.

There's still a few Ozark Trail containers left in my local WalMart. Wonder if I should go snap them up...

A few weeks ago we visited several of the Wallyworlds in the area, and not a one had any or a blank area on the shelf with a label. I asked each of the clerks, and one said that their stock in general was low right now (must be the counting thing mentioned in a previous post) and that they would be getting lots of stock within a few weeks. He was unable to tell me if match containers would be carried again. After checking a few of the Targets, I did a big "DUH!!! Shop locally!!" and made a visit to my favorite locally-owned camping/outdoors store. They had many in stock for $1.25 each. Since I've already taken mine out of the blister card, I don't remember the brand. They are hard orange plastic, and there's a little strike strip on the bottom.

I'm okay with paying $1.25 as opposed to the .99 ones, since it's going to a locally owned store that I love. I just can't believe I didn't try them first!! It's not the first time they've carried something that I couldn't find at chain stores.