a question on trackables

Pucketts

what is the right thing to do when you find a trackable (coin/TB) that the owner is no longer a registered owner (more than a year)?

My first question would be - what makes you feel the Owner is "no longer a registered owner"??

edit to add- I should add I am not sure what you are describing!! <_<

Edited by NeecesandNephews

Move it toward its intended goal?

I don't believe there is any guidance on whether a person is "active" or not, regarding travellers. There are certainly lots of examples of Users disappearing off the face of the earth, and then resurfacing after an extended absence.

Edit to add an example of what I'm talking about as far as making assumptions:

So that's where he's gone to <_<

Edited by Touchstone
what is the right thing to do when you find a trackable (coin/TB) that the owner is no longer a registered owner (more than a year)?

My first question would be - what makes you feel the Owner is "no longer a registered owner"??

edit to add- I should add I am not sure what you are describing!! :)

when you go to there profile page and it says non registered account since 2007

Move it toward its intended goal?

I don't believe there is any guidance on whether a person is "active" or not, regarding travellers. There are certainly lots of examples of Users disappearing off the face of the earth, and then resurfacing after an extended absence.

Edit to add an example of what I'm talking about as far as making assumptions:

So that's where he's gone to :)

it has already reached it goal about 2 years ago.

Probably still best to keep it moving. In honor of their memory, if nothing else. ;)

I agree, keep it moving. I consider myself the "extra" owner of all trackables I move. I "watch" all trackables I move, seeing where they go after I have touched them gives me great pleasure.

Send the one you are refering to my way. I will add a few miles to it.

edit to add- I should add I am not sure what you are describing!! :mad:

when you go to there profile page and it says non registered account since 2007

Ok... I see what you are talking about. The "not validated member" just means they did not confirm their email. The could be active on the site every day and it would still say that.

I do note they have not been on the site since 2007.

I see no reason to not keep the coin moving. Just because it has completed its original goal, it is up to the Owner to pull it out of circulation, if they want to.

With all the travelers that go missing it is great to see one still traveling when the owner has been missing!! ;):)