Strange Email...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

While searching in the net, I found many times lists of tracking numbers of geocoins so I can discover them but I just passed.. I do not like it a lot... I prefet to see the coin... hold it in my hands...

And.. I really do not get it... you do not know the oher cacher and you are sending him an email to discover his coins?? Is this legal???

You can always forward those emails to contact (at) geocaching (dot)com, or to eartha (at) geocachingadmin (dot) com

We will be happy to reply for you. Virtual logging is not allowed, and is considered abuse of the geocaching.com system and can result in getting trackables locked down. Please do not reply to this person, and risk someone else's or your own trackable status.

Thank you.

You can also tell the people sending these emails what I stated above in bold.

Edited by Eartha

why are people so desperate to discover trackables?

i only use the "discovered" if i actually see it in a cache and i can't take because i can't help it in its goal or i know i can't drop it off within a week, so that way at least the owner knows their trackable is still in the game

Correct! The discovery of a coin is mostly for that! If I can not help it move or if the cache that is at that moment is the best for it so it can move easily... I leave it there! I just discover it to let know that the trackable is still there!

I think only one time I discovered a TB and actually went to the cache to discover it just to see.... what a TB was and how you attach in a better way something on the Tb without having to drill a hole or something...

How about we just start adding our lists of coins to this thread, then we can pin it to the top of the forum and anyone can come along and discover thousands and thousands of coins... :laughing:

go for it, but it has to be upwards of 100 coins and for each log to be valid ALL coins must be discovered, if not the rest of the logs will be deleted :)

i can't even imagine wasting my time siting in front of the computer logging such things instead of spending that time doing some real caching LMAO

but hey, each to their own i guess

How about we just start adding our lists of coins to this thread, then we can pin it to the top of the forum and anyone can come along and discover thousands and thousands of coins... :laughing:

Just send me your coins..I will do all the hard work of recording the numbers to post for you ..... :)

How about we just start adding our lists of coins to this thread, then we can pin it to the top of the forum and anyone can come along and discover thousands and thousands of coins... :ph34r:

Just send me your coins..I will do all the hard work of recording the numbers to post for you ..... :laughing:

Aw thanks! :)

Or what if you pay me $5.00 each to do it instead? :laughing:

How about we just start adding our lists of coins to this thread, then we can pin it to the top of the forum and anyone can come along and discover thousands and thousands of coins... :(

Just send me your coins..I will do all the hard work of recording the numbers to post for you ..... :ph34r:

Aw thanks! :ph34r:

Or what if you pay me $5.00 each to do it instead? :ph34r:

:):laughing::laughing:

I just got a random email from another player who I've never met...all it said was

"can u send me a list of coin numbers so i can discover them"

Give me a break.

One list to send would be....

etc. etc.

Edited by Droo

I just got a random email from another player who I've never met...all it said was

Give me a break.

etc. etc.

Or:

I have

1. a penny

2. three dimes

3. two nickels

4. a Canadian penny.

5. Six quarters

6. And a Liberty half dollar!

Those are my coins. Aren't you glad you discovered that?

:)

Give me a break.

etc. etc.

Or:

I have

1. a penny

2. three dimes

3. two nickels

4. a Canadian penny.

5. Six quarters

B)

Send em to me, I'll not only discover them, I will show you have to use em! :)

Give me a break.

etc. etc.

Or:

I have

1. a penny

2. three dimes

3. two nickels

4. a Canadian penny.

5. Six quarters

:)

Send em to me, I'll not only discover them, I will show you have to use em! :)

So Eartha.... You have a coin thast gave you as a change by mistake, from Canada.... and... a Liberty half dollar??? A walking liberty or a Barber half??? No matter what it is it is Silver!!! I would love to discover that for sure!!! B)

Are any silver in the other cons too? or... a war nickel??? how about a steel penny?? :)