Micro Online Logs For Micro's

joespaz

The length of my log is solely determined by my experience finding it. If it's a LPC, but I have some sort of crazy encounter while I'm trying to find it, I'll write about that in my log.

I often write short logs, because the find was uneventful. That's not a comment on the cache or the cache owner, it simply reflects what happened while I was on my way to find the cache.

If someone decides it's "rude" that I didn't write three paragraphs about nothing, that's unfortunate, but I can't control the way other people choose to react to these things.

As a cache owner, I'm just happy to see people out finding my caches. If they write a short log, that's fine. I think it's best to assume good intent with these things.

Tell me what you think?

Tickets!! Getcher yer tickets here. Best seats in the house. Tickets!!

:lol:

Personally, I think, to post that just because of the cache size is rude.

(and you know that, too, or else you would not have asked, would you?)

One of the most adventurous caches I've found this winter was a micro. And I still have the bruises on my arse to prove it. :D

I think the only reason that you are seeing some judgmental responses is that your OP was a bit judgmental about a particular cache size that many of us have hidden. (not that yours is the first judgmental post about micros by a long shot!) By stating that all micro caches deserve a lame log puts many of us on the defense.

SO then the simple answer is ..yes it would be rude.

Yes, but then, you knew that at post #1, didn't you?

Wow Dan. This one got to you..

The only "rude" logs that I see these days are the ones where 6 guys in a car go find 60 area hides in a day and 20 of the caches were mine. All I get to see are 120 identical: "Was with the xxxx gang and found 60 today".

Makes me cringe........

Same here. No matter how great the cache you get that carp sometimes. :lol:

I agree. That's why I don't even use the TFTC acronym as a nudge nudge wink wink way of saying the cache lacked any inclination of care and effort by the CO. The TFTC acronym includes the word "thanks" and I don't want to give the impression that I'm thankful for the experience. The implied "thanks" could encourage the placer to hide more of the same.

Awesome outlook. Don't be a crappy cache enabler. :shocked:

...I rarely, if ever, complain...

I don't like the idea of complaining on a cache log. (Note: mentioning a wet log or other maintenance concerns is not complaining) I don't like the idea of being untruthful on a cache log either. That's why I just walk away from the sucky ones. Like a few others in here, I have a highly biased caching aesthetic, meaning, to me, there are caches out there that quite simply suck. Absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever. I'm not going to prevaricate just to sing the praises of something I didn't like. I actually envy you, in that you are able to extract some manner of enjoyment from every cache, however I recognize, from past experience, that I could never replicate your ideals.

I only use this thing for about .1% of what it can do.

Sounds like my brain! :blink: