Editing Description

sdrawkcab

I dont know how to put space inbetween the short and the long? Every thing i have tried just gets all bunched up together.

I finally gave up and just did the whole thing in HTML. Then I added a <br /> to the top of the long description.

This huge bug (affecting every cache page on GC) would really annoy me, if I didn't have only 2 caches to fix.

Edited by kunarion

I dont know how to put space inbetween the short and the long? Every thing i have tried just gets all bunched up together.

I finally gave up and just did the whole thing in HTML. Then I added a <br /> to the top of the long description.

This huge bug (affecting every cache page on GC) would really annoy me, if I didn't have only 2 caches to fix.

Thanks... Now All I have to do is google HTML commands... lol

Thanks Again

Good gracious just googled HTML Codes.... Better enroll in a class somewere. looks large bulky and confusing......

Edited by sdrawkcab

Thanks... Now All I have to do is google HTML commands... lol

Thanks Again

Good gracious just googled HTML Codes.... Better enroll in a class somewere. looks large bulky and confusing......

Some very simple HTML stuff explained in detail here: Simple HTML for your cache page.

MrsB

I dont know how to put space inbetween the short and the long?

Success! I've found one way that may be satisfactory for you, and maybe you can improve upon it.

Add a line of "underscores" (the Shift-dash character) to the top of the Long Description box. Then make one "Line Feed" (hit Enter once). Now you'll have a line and a space between the Short and Long Descriptions. No need for HTML!

As a bonus, when GC eventually fixes this, it won't break your cache page. Until then, we all wait patiently for that one line feed to be added to the cache page template. After that the space will be there automagically, so you can remove your line if you like.

Here's my own cache as an example. Although there's a space between the first & 2nd paragraphs, it's all in plain text, not HTML (the "in HTML" box is not checkmarked): Jenny Brown

Edited by kunarion

NVU v 1.0 is 3 years old.

Google for: wysiwyg freeware html

or take a gander halfway down this page:

http://www.thefreecountry.com/webmaster/htmleditors.shtml

I use an old HTML editor called IBM Top Page. It lets me edit one web page and fixes errors (I make lots of errors). I type in the Preview page (shows exactly how the text will look) then switch to HTML view, and copy/paste all the code between the "BODY" tags. Not hard at all.

Here's my cache, done in HTML: Horton Soul

You still should get a basic understanding of HTML, so you can manually do simple tasks like add line feeds or fix image URLs. But avoid hassles by doing most of the work in an HTML editor.

Edited by kunarion

I need just a little general help in editing the description of my hides. I dont know how to put space inbetween the short and the long? Every thing i have tried just gets all bunched up together. I know it can be done I just dont know how

Great news: The space is back. Yeah! :anitongue:

Now you no longer have to create that line feed between short & long descriptions. It happens automatically, just like it did before the GC changes occurred. I erased the extra space from both my plain text and HTML cache descriptions, and they're both fine.

Edited by kunarion