Placing TBs and Geocoins in your own geocache

Crossfinders

B)

I Have a Cache (Personal) That Is Located At a Easy Off / On The Interstate (East / West). I Place a Lot Of The Bugs I Pick Up Localy, In This Cache.......It Get's Visited Quite Often By Folks Who Take The Bugs And Move Them A Long..........Towards their Goals.......Or Not (Better Than Making A lot Of Half To Mile and a Half Moves Between Local Caches! **** (My Three Cents Worth On This Subject) :D

If you are away on vacation and pick up some TBs or Geocoins, is it OK to place them in your own geocache close to home or is this something that is discouraged in favour of placing them in other geocaches?

Not a problem at all. Many of us do it.

Just make sure you check on the TB's mission before you do this. If you live in Ottawa and find a TB while vacationing in Calgary that wants to go to Vancouver, don't bring it back to Ottawa.

If you are away on vacation and pick up some TBs or Geocoins, is it OK to place them in your own geocache close to home or is this something that is discouraged in favour of placing them in other geocaches?

Just make sure you check on the TB's mission before you do this. If you live in Ottawa and find a TB while vacationing in Calgary that wants to go to Vancouver, don't bring it back to Ottawa.

Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver..

Youre making those names up.

:D

I haven't found a travel bug yet. Is their mission attached or engraved on them somewhere? Or do you have to enter a tracking # when you get back to your computer?

Some have them attached. You can preview the goal by checking the cache page you plan on searching for and then click on the listed bugs. Otherwise you'll have to wait until you get home to pull up the bug page.

If waiting until you get home means traveling some 300 miles before you have computer access you might not want to move bugs sight-unseen.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I think that as long as you are honouring the goal of the trackable (whatever that may be), you are giving that bug mileage. Nothing wrong with that. Besides, if you are constantly giving attention to your caches you can help keep it maintained and let people know that it is worth visiting, even if it is to just to pick up another trackable. For those coins and TBs that just want to move along from cache to cache, that is a great idea!

Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver..

Youre making those names up.

:D

i think so too, i never heard of them B)

I have done this several times. If the traveler doesn't get picked up within a month, I will then retieve it from the cache and move it to another when we go caching.

when we are out and pick up tb's i try to move them on the following day, rather than move it on a cache or two to find someone beats you to it claiming they found it somewhere else and have now moved it on. This way i can log them when i get home and get them out the following day caching, if i cant then i place them in my cache about 200 yds from home which gets visited quite regularly.