Publishing A Cache

Capital J

There are two referenced links. One takes you directly to the quick and dirty HTML page, the other it is a few entries down, but still listed on the FAQ index. If that site does not help, I'm not sure what will. I guess I could mention webmonkey, but that might be a bit to much. As for flask's comment, well, she likes to type her mind. I would not worry about it. There are lots of pages with html using color and different fonts that look quite nice.

Jim

Edited by jholly

Sorry I even mentioned it. I've been to the referred site and it was no help to me. I simply wanted to add a bit of colour and/or font size to my future listings.

You need to know some HTML. At least know what they look like. Then the information would help.

You'll also need to check "The descriptions below are in HTML" on the cache submission page.

Let's say you want your long description to say:

This is my first hide.

Please do not trample the flowers.

And you want the word "not" in bold, in red.

You would enter:

<p>This is my first hide.</p>
<p>Please do <font color=red><b>not</b></font> trample the flowers.</p>

If you really have no idea how to go about doing it, tell us exactly what you want to do, and someone will create the HTML for you to cut and paste into the long description.

Can anyone give me a nudge about creating a Cache Description which publishes with various fonts, colours and sizes. I presume this requires writing in HTML, but, I'm not too sure how to do that, or what program to use. I've tried using Microsoft Word without success.

If you're using Firefox try the add-on "write area" which will allow you to edit it in a word format, then it'l do all that html for you. Learned that from the forums a little while ago.

I agree that sometimes the embellishments go over the top on somwe cache pages.

For the ones that I want to spruce up i have a simple wysiwyg web page generator that I do the description in and then just copy the generated text into the GC page description. It's an old copy of Netscape Composer (I believe V7.2) that is basic enough that so far it has been very compatible with GCs software.

I've kept it just for making simple web pages and the like.

Thanks to everyone with positive replies.

I do, in fact, use Firefox and the tip from 'colliesoftheborder' is much appreciated. I downloaded the add-on "write area" and it works very well indeed.

Also, the link provided by 'keystone' to "Geocache-HTML" seems to be a great tool and will undoubtedly be very handy.

I really appreciate the time and effort everyone has put into the responses.

Capital J