Virtual caches at Disney World

Team Bacmac

My family and I will be visiting Disney World in Orlando, FL this coming Tuesday. Several Google hits suggest that there are some (six?) virtual caches there.

Would someone have the GC #s?

We're not interested in benchmarks. :lol:

Thanks!

Team Bacmac :D

Go to Hide & Seek a Cache, enter DisneyLand, CA for address and hit Go.

Jim

My family and I will be visiting Disney World in Orlando, FL this coming Tuesday. Several Google hits suggest that there are some (six?) virtual caches there.

Thanks!

Jim

Disneyland is not DisneyWorld.

~snicker~

:D

Thanks!

Jim

Disneyland is not DisneyWorld.

~snicker~

:D

Oh, c'mon. Who hasn't blown that one before? Pretty much everybody. :D

I fondly remember the day that Disney World had several physical caches. But there was an incident with a TB Hotel, security became aware of them all, and they were all removed in early 2005.

But yeah, there are 6 virtuals still there, and FrinkLabs nailed it.

I fondly remember the day that Disney World had several physical caches. But there was an incident with a TB Hotel, security became aware of them all, and they were all removed in early 2005.

It's a little disappointing to think someone didn't talk to security BEFORE placing the cache there. Of course, I don't know the whole story so...

It's a little disappointing to think someone didn't talk to security BEFORE placing the cache there. Of course, I don't know the whole story so...

The owner was a local, and I'm pretty sure actually worked for Disney. What do they call that, a Cast Member, I believe? :lol: It'll be hard to find, as it was archived in 2005, and I have no idea who the owner was, but I'll try to find a link. It definitely resulted in Security asking for all physical caches to be removed from Disney World, and I'll bet there were at least a dozen physical caches at the time.

The owner was a local, and I'm pretty sure actually worked for Disney. What do they call that, a Cast Member, I believe? :lol: It'll be hard to find, as it was archived in 2005, and I have no idea who the owner was, but I'll try to find a link. It definitely resulted in Security asking for all physical caches to be removed from Disney World, and I'll bet there were at least a dozen physical caches at the time.

Kind of similar to what happened in Disneyland, if I remember correctly it was in a restroom

The owner was a local, and I'm pretty sure actually worked for Disney. What do they call that, a Cast Member, I believe? :lol:

One of my co-workers used to work at Disneyworld as a "cast-member". One of her job duties was to fly across the sky on a steel cable. You might recognize her as Tinker Bell.

The owner was a local, and I'm pretty sure actually worked for Disney. What do they call that, a Cast Member, I believe? :lol:

One of my co-workers used to work at Disneyworld as a "cast-member". One of her job duties was to fly across the sky on a steel cable. You might recognize her as Tinker Bell.

Oh yeah, I've seen that! I would assume there are several Tinker Bell's though. :D

I was wrong about the owner of the cache in question that caused all physical caches at WDW to be removed though. At least according to his occupation as listed in his profile. However, he was (is) a local that was caretaker for most of the physical caches in WDW, seeing as just about all of them were "vacation caches".

Anyways I did find it, The WDW TB Hotel is what caused all the ruckus. Someone was caught finding it at night, and if you read the logs, Disney Security contacted the local reviewer shortly there after and said to remove all the caches.

I was wrong about the owner of the cache in question that caused all physical caches at WDW to be removed though. At least according to his occupation as listed in his profile. However, he was (is) a local that was caretaker for most of the physical caches in WDW, seeing as just about all of them were "vacation caches".

Anyways I did find it, The WDW TB Hotel is what caused all the ruckus. Someone was caught finding it at night, and if you read the logs, Disney Security contacted the local reviewer shortly there after and said to remove all the caches.

I cache with his Dad on a fairly regular basis. That's a shame...that cache was only there a few months.

Now we see what happens when proper permission isn't obtained in advance. We had another similar incident just an hour up the road from Disney, near Orange City. A newbie hid a cache in a poor location on a property where three other caches had been for well over a year and after two or three people found the new one property management aproached a cacher (who happened to be a local reviewer) and asked for ALL the caches to be removed.

Since you are a premium member have you considered running a PQ for that zip code and finding them yourself instead of asking everyone else to do your work.

Why would someone be required to run a PQ? The OP asked for others to give suggestions. This is supposed to be a friendly hobby. Asking others would serve to open up dialog about good DW area hides. Much more informative than a PQ.

I'm perplexed as to why you even needed to respond in such a rude manner.

Since you are a premium member have you considered running a PQ for that zip code and finding them yourself instead of asking everyone else to do your work.

Why would someone be required to run a PQ? The OP asked for others to give suggestions. This is supposed to be a friendly hobby. Asking others would serve to open up dialog about good DW area hides. Much more informative than a PQ.

I'm perplexed as to why you even needed to respond in such a rude manner.

Yeah, they've been around for over 2 years, and have quite a few hides and finds. But Jeesh, giv'em a break. :lol:

Map

Whoa! Wait a minute. There's a Wherigo mostly within DownTown Disney, with an ammo can off of Disney property. Cool. The cache page even talks about how caches at WDW are prohibited. Check it out.

Yea, the Wherigo has been there a few months now....next best thing to a Virtual and the only way around the current physical geocache restrictions!

Wow! There is a virtual in the Magic Kingdom. I was there in 1979 and have a picture of me at the castle. I wonder if I can log a find on that one?? :rolleyes:

Unless you're holding a military NAVSTAR GPS the size of a .50 cal ammo box in the picture, probably not. ;)

I actually didn't do that one the only time I've been to WDW as active Geocacher. That's because there were several physical caches to find, as I somewhat derailed the thread towards. :D Fortunately, I still have that and 3 more of the virts to find, seeing as I'm a shuttle to and from the airport and Disney transportation guy.