Responding to cache reviewer?

Migs

Friends:

When registering a cache for the first time and receiving a comment from the reviewer, how do I answer him/her? There is no obvious way to respond.

Thanks amigos,

Migs

It has been my experience that the Reviewer includes that info with the comment. Usually to either post a Reviewer Note to the cache page or to send an email through the Reviewers profile. If you really were not given any instruction you could try both.

Friends:

When registering a cache for the first time and receiving a comment from the reviewer, how do I answer him/her? There is no obvious way to respond.

Thanks amigos,

Migs

It has been my experience that the Reviewer includes that info with the comment. Usually to either post a Reviewer Note to the cache page or to send an email through the Reviewers profile. If you really were not given any instruction you could try both.

Make sure you give them a reference to your account name and the Cache's Waypoint number.

You all can see the mail I received links to this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...7e-22524494d3ec

There is no way to respond, or is there? I ended up going to the profile and emailing, but this seems cumbersome. I must be missing something.

Migs

Actually we can't see because it is an unpublished cache!! :lol:

Email through profile or leave a note on the listing page is common.

There is no way to respond, or is there? I ended up going to the profile and emailing, but this seems cumbersome. I must be missing something.

Migs

All we can see is You cannot see logs for unpublished listings. You and the Reviewer can see it prior to publication, but we can't. Did you see where I had mentioned to "post a Reviewer Note" to the cache page. It's one of the log your visit options. Just like a Find, a Note, a DNF, etc.

Migs

I would suggest posting a reviewer note right on the cache page. That way, when the reviewer looks at the cache, the information for that specific cache page is right there. If there is need to reference the information that is requested in the future, it is in the archived notes (which can be accessed by reviewers and administrators for the site). Choose "post reviewer note" when you log the page. Those notes auto-delete when the cache is published.

Got it! It wasn't intuitive that I should have to log my visit in order to post a message to the reviewer. In my mind "logging a visit" is something a cache finder would do, and not something a cache creator would do.

Thanks amigos!

Migs