Is anyone else having problems with their stats lately?

Clay4

Here is my predicament…I am seeing the problem in two different areas…”consecutive streak” and “best day caching”…maybe other areas I’m not aware of but these I know about. I will run my personal query and use it on three different stat generators INATN (itsnotaboutthenumbers), Cache Stats, and GSAK. The funny thing is, out of the three…I get 2 different outcomes. My best day caching, all three add 5 extra cache to my best day. As far as the consecutive days…GSAK and INATN has my streak ending September 5th, 2009; and Cache Stats has it ending October 3, 2009. My streak is still ongoing. I have emailed GSAK, they told me it was a problem with the coding I am getting from Groundspeak (which I agree with). I emailed Groundspeak, and they more or less dropped the ball and told me to post here.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Or have any ideas how to fix this? It is starting to drive me a bit crazy, I have been working hard on my consecutive days and they are not reflecting.

Thanks in advance, Clay4

Open up your MyFinds.gpx file in a text editor, and search for the caches you found on Sept 6 and Oct 4 (the days after your streak supposedly ended). Look at the date on the find logs for those caches. How does it differ from the dates on caches that are being read correctly?

Took your advice and looked up the cache on Sept 6th...the day that is missing...this is what I found...

"<Groundspeak:date>2009-09-07T00:30:11</Groundspeak:date>"

It looks like Groundspeak is seeing it on the 7th...even though it was found and logged on the 6th...as far as the other one, it seemed to be in order. I found it on the 4th and it was reported on the 4th...

" <Groundspeak:date>2009-10-04T19:00:00</Groundspeak:date>"

There's another person having the same problem from a few weeks back. Those caches were logged with the iPhone, and had the actual time it was logged, instead of the default (2000 hrs or 1900 hrs, IIRC).

There is a very good chance I logged these from my iPhone, I'm pretty sure I did. However, I log about 60-70% of my daily finds on my iPhone...crazy that some of them messed up. It still seems that when I go delete that entry and log it again on the correct date...it doesn't wipe out the bad data and fix the problem???

There's another person having the same problem from a few weeks back. Those caches were logged with the iPhone, and had the actual time it was logged, instead of the default (2000 hrs or 1900 hrs, IIRC).

There is a very good chance I logged these from my iPhone, I'm pretty sure I did. However, I log about 60-70% of my daily finds on my iPhone...crazy that some of them messed up. It still seems that when I go delete that entry and log it again on the correct date...it doesn't wipe out the bad data and fix the problem???

Yeah, that is very strange. It almost seems like the date problem sticks with the cache.

If you're interested in experimenting, try creating another found log (or a note) on the same cache, and see if the actual time in the GPX is the same as the original, or different (and if so, in what way).

There are three things to try, one of which may work around the problem. Or none of them may work:

1. Delete original found log, then create new one by clicking on "Log Visit" (I guess you already did this)

2. Create new found log through "Log Visit", then delete old one

3. Create note, delete old found log, then edit note into "Found It"

Hopefully something will work. If not, send the information to Groundspeak - it may help with their troubleshooting.

1. Delete original found log, then create new one by clicking on "Log Visit" (I guess you already did this)

2. Create new found log through "Log Visit", then delete old one

3. Create note, delete old found log, then edit note into "Found It"

Thanks for the idea...I added a note for the cache for October 4th. I then went and changed that to a "find"..I am going to leave two founded logs in the cache...wait until next week when I can run another query and see what happens. Hopefully it will see one of them and I can delete the other. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the help :rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea...I added a note for the cache for October 4th. I then went and changed that to a "find"..I am going to leave two founded logs in the cache...wait until next week when I can run another query and see what happens. Hopefully it will see one of them and I can delete the other. I'll keep you posted.

You don't need to run My Finds to see the GPX - you can just download the GPX for this cache to check the dates with a text editor. It should pull all the logs owned by you even if it is not one of the last 20.