PALM with gps?

rockhoppernc

Besides what has already been mentioned are you trying to do paperless geocaching with a Palm? Shy of the smart phones having GPS capability the standard Palms do now but are used frequently to do geocaching.

You can check out these video links to see how that works if interested:

GeoSnippits: Paperless Geocaching Part One

GeoSnippits: Paperless Geocaching Part Two

-HHH :D

Garmin made an iQue3600 with GPS functions that utilized Palm's interface and programming with a GPS receiver and mapping. It was a great concept, linking calendar, address book, and mapping functions. Great as an autonav device, it wasn't so great for geocaching though due to battery drain. But it could get you close to the caches.

I had one that had to be replaced several times due to defects. I finally replaced it with a C330 for autonav.

It's been discontinued for a couple years though there may be some around. Again, the 5-6 that I had all had various glitches so if you can find one be sure to get a warranty with it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/pdas/garmin-ique-3...7-20799434.html

Edited by Garry Owen

Hello all,

can someone make a list or tell me which PALM pilots have gps?

You may also explore the option of Bluetooth GPS, before I moved into my Garmin I relied entirely on my PPC for Geocaching, this caused me a bit of trouble when I got into fringe coverage with the phone. I bought an Ambicom BT GPS and it gave me GREAT results, here's a link:

http://www.ambicom.com/prod_detail.php?pid=34

Hope this helps

I had a Garmin Iq3600 and loved it. I used cachemate with it to do paperless caching. I was, however, disappointed with the battery. I used it solely as a unit to get me to the general area. It was expensive and not for trail work. It died and I now use a Garmin Nuvi and Rino 530.

I suggest going to CNET and searching for PDA GPS and see what would suit your needs best.

i had an ique 3600 but found the biggest flaw in it for me was the not so great docking base and updateing the system (flashing it) with pets around, needless to say quick brick. the later iques came with windows mobile (not sure but think 2003 or 2003se). now i use a axim x30h (64 mb ram 624 mhz processor) and better then the stock battery since the stock one really doesn't have enough time unlees you use a backup gps till you get close, along with a BT gps (replacing with a better soon) and Cachemate. there are lots of options out there though so shop around. the ique i had i got for $45 US off ebay and the axim i got for $70 from same place.