'Too Many Geocaches' Error Message Garmin 500

lusophile

My Garmin 500 works fine except when I tried to upload my latest pocket query. The message said "delete some", so I went into the GPX folder and deleted old ones no longer needed, and noticed the one I had uploaded most recently was still there in the folder.

On the 500, the caches from that folder did not show up on the map, nor under the Geocache tab. New single caches I uploaded didn't appear either, although they were in the GPX folder.

I'm hesitant to do a 'master reset' as I don't have all my files at hand and would have to do a lot of downloading.

Is this a bug, or is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Washburne

Are you on a MAC? If so, you might need to empty the trash.

Is this a Nuvi 500 or Oregon 500?

Thanks for your help-

No, I use PCs running XP (2) and Vista (1) I have a Nuvi 500 and probably have exceeded the cache limit, whatever that is.

I need to know how to get rid of geocaches w/o doing a master reset.

Thanks,

Steve

I just got this message too after loading several PQ gpx files. Still have memory left, so confused why I got this message for Too Many Geocaches on my Nuvi 500. I am using Win 7. I've emailed Garmin but no answer yet. Anyone shed any light on limit of GCs??

Mark

Are you on a MAC? If so, you might need to empty the trash.

Is this a Nuvi 500 or Oregon 500?

Thanks for your help-

No, I use PCs running XP (2) and Vista (1) I have a Nuvi 500 and probably have exceeded the cache limit, whatever that is.

I need to know how to get rid of geocaches w/o doing a master reset.

Thanks,

Steve