Uploading Photos?

90%Angel

Click on the Add Reply box.

Then click on the little tree icon. This will open a box where you can paste in the URL of the image you wish to post.

MrsB

Geez,... that sounds pretty easy... I'll give it a try, thanks!

Rather than start a new post, since this is somewhat related, I'm wondering if it is ok to upload a picture of my find on each cache page. I'm fairly new to this but I couldn't find any information on whether this is frowned upon since an image is much easier to 'just see' instead of text even if there is a disclaimer warning of spoilers if you scroll down to the comments.

I'm just asking before I get carried away uploading a pic for each of my finds, I wanted some input on if people do or don't like that, even if the ability is there.

I use Webshots myself. Easy enough for me to use~ should be easy enough for the rest of y'all too.

2562027590100500874S425x425Q85.jpg

That's a cache that I took ownership of after the original Owner turned up MIA. (Missing In Action)

You can also post/upload Pics to each cache page if you want. Just use the Upload Images link at the upper right of the cache page to add Pics. You can add Pics all you like, but in the Captions available, be sure to let folks know if a Spoiler might be shown.

The Text/Caption for the pics should show up before folks actually click on the Image itself.

Rather than start a new post, since this is somewhat related, I'm wondering if it is ok to upload a picture of my find on each cache page. I'm fairly new to this but I couldn't find any information on whether this is frowned upon since an image is much easier to 'just see' instead of text even if there is a disclaimer warning of spoilers if you scroll down to the comments.

I'm just asking before I get carried away uploading a pic for each of my finds, I wanted some input on if people do or don't like that, even if the ability is there.

As cache owners we enjoy seeing pictures uploaded to cache logs - scenic shots of the general area, interesting flowers/birds/fungi found on the way, the light effects on buildings windows, group pics of the finders getting near to the cache location... But we would rather not see pics taken at the location (i.e. within roughly 30ft) if it gives away too many clues to the hiding place. ("Hey, look! Just by that tree with the odd kink in its branch... it must be that one.")

Also, if it's an interesting container - camouflaged, or a fake log/insect/bird/toadstool, or unusual in some other way - please don't add it to your log, even if you do label it as a spoiler. Some cachers have an "add on" script that automatically shows photographs attached to logs, so even if they didn't want to see it, they will!

MrsB :D

Well said, MrsB. As an owner I would appreciate Hunter's Pics of the area or hunting group, but NOT the actual hiding spot.

I don't mind container pics either if it's really different like mine is. What I would ask though is that the background of the pic not help fellow hunters to locate the actual hiding spot. But you mentioned posting it in as a Log. Do you mean as if I were a Finder of that cache, or do you also mean Me being the owner of that cache and listing the pic on the cache listing?

I guess what I'm asking is this. Do you think I should take down the pic of the actual container in my listing?

I want to share the unique container to folks, but I also don't want to Spoil the Cache hunt! Anyone... let me know your thoughts on this one.

Thanks!

Well said, MrsB. As an owner I would appreciate Hunter's Pics of the area or hunting group, but NOT the actual hiding spot.

I don't mind container pics either if it's really different like mine is. What I would ask though is that the background of the pic not help fellow hunters to locate the actual hiding spot. But you mentioned posting it in as a Log. Do you mean as if I were a Finder of that cache, or do you also mean Me being the owner of that cache and listing the pic on the cache listing?

I guess what I'm asking is this. Do you think I should take down the pic of the actual container in my listing?

I want to share the unique container to folks, but I also don't want to Spoil the Cache hunt! Anyone... let me know your thoughts on this one.

Thanks!

If you're the owner of a cache with a really different/unusual/clever cache container then you're free to put a picture of it in your cache description if you wish, it's your choice... but speaking as the cache hunter, I'd much rather discover the 'surprise' at the end of a successful hunt. We did a search for a cache in southern England last year called "Dig up some history"* which took us around some very ancient barrows, collecting details from the information boards along the route. It was a delightful conclusion to find that the final cache was in a hollow garden ornament of a mole. B)

MrsB

* Cache name slightly changed.