How do I log a find?

tinsnips33

Probably needed to refresh browser.

Yeah, I didn't refresh. You are right, thanks. Are the posted finds reviewed by someone before they appear? Does the owner of the cache do this? I want to get ten or so finds then put out my own cache. I think I've got a good spot but I'm gonna get some more experience before I set one up.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Yeah, I didn't refresh. You are right, thanks. Are the posted finds reviewed by someone before they appear? Does the owner of the cache do this? I want to get ten or so finds then put out my own cache. I think I've got a good spot but I'm gonna get some more experience before I set one up.

No, they are not reviewed before appearing.

Don't be in such a hurry to hide your 1st cache either. Enjoy finding them for a while and get an idea of the types of caches that you think others will enjoy in your area. I'ts not unusual to find hundreds before hiding your 1st cache. Others will hide one before even finding any as well. Just make sure to read the cache hiding guidelines first and make sure permission is granted if it needs it.

Here is a great article about hiding a cache. http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1564

Don't be in such a hurry to hide your 1st cache either. Enjoy finding them for a while and get an idea of the types of caches that you think others will enjoy in your area. I'ts not unusual to find hundreds before hiding your 1st cache. Others will hide one before even finding any as well. Just make sure to read the cache hiding guidelines first and make sure permission is granted if it needs it.

Here is a great article about hiding a cache. http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1564

That is a great article, thanks. You are probably giving me some good advice. I'll probably be better able to produce a more well thought out cache with the experience.