Is this ok to do with a TB?

roiegat

So I have several TBs out there that are moving nice and slow, but I got this somewhat crazy idea. What if instead of having the mission be the goal, why not start at the goal and have the TB come back? Let me explain.

My sister lives in Australia, I live in the USA. One of my TB's is headed her way, but I'm sure it'll be awhile before it gets there. So I was thinking of buying another TB, activating it, mailing it to her, and having her drop it at a local TB Hotel. Since the TB wouldn't be starting until she drops it, it wouldn't get the mileage from me mailing it (which would be cheating). Then I could make the mission of the TB to come back to me.

Anyone else done something similar? I think it would be intestering to get a group of people from different countries who are willing to act as the droppers of activated coins.

Ideas/suggestions?

Cool. I wonder if there is a website out there for geocachers who'd like to do this. Help to get them in contact with people from other countries. If not, I might have to start one. Would be cool to have TB coming home from different continents.

Have a look at this: Geocaching Trackables World Release Register.

Then have a look at this thread about the register and Aushiker's post #450

Then see my own post #460 and comments that follow on from it.

I haven't been able to take on the Trackable World Release Register myself as I was considering doing earlier this year.

I think it would be great if someone could either take on the original register and check through all the contacts to ensure it's up to date or, alternatively, start afresh with a brand new site.

MrsB

There is a cache on the grounds of a geocaching store on Florida's East coast that gets so many TB or GC coins drop logs that I suspect that people are buying things over the internet and having the store just email them the codes and put the trackables in their cache rather than shipping them.

i do this!!

if i adopt or buy an activated coin rather than have it posted i get the seller/giver to place it in the nearest cache to them.

there mision is to be tracked to my tracking cache stash GC20A9Q Just awaiting review after changes

here are a some what have the missin to make it there:

currantly in Netherlands

DaveinDeal's pure color coin

currantly in Scotland

DaveinDeal's Euro Cache Geocoin AS

For people wanting there coin released in other country see link World Release Register for Coins & Bugs

just PM the owner with the destination you want it released and he can give you the contact for someone in that country

Edited by daveindeal