UK coin clubs

daveindeal

I have just started to collect coins and have been looking at joining a club.

i recently looked at the site Geocoin club and see that you get better saving if you join as a group rather than individialy.

are there many in the UK that do this offer??

after the extra shipping im looking at a big lump sum to find, are there people in the UK that already pay for the club and could extend the membership to me if i payed them for the coin every month??

I've never heard of that club/website before, and I don't know of any in the UK.

I imagine the big problems are (as you say) the shipping costs, and also the fact that you are completely exposed to fluctuations in the exchange rate.

I imagine most people in the UK get coins from UK websites, or via Ebay, although if you order a few coins from abroad it isn't too bad (I've had some delivered from Germany).

Good luck in your serach!

after a bit of research this seems the best site..........http://geocoinclub.com

I have crunched some numbers and its as followes>>>>>>>

if i can get 24 other members in the Uk who are willing to join the deal i have managed to get are:

a one off payment each of £45

1 coin every month for 6 months = £7.50 per unactivated - trackable geocoin

The coins will be sent to my address and i will then individialy package them and send them via first class royal mail to your door

here are a few of the already issued coins:

march 2009

product1.jpg

Febuary 2008

febflags1.jpg

Febuary 2007

gccfeb071.jpg

How many people whould be interested??

just a quick yes and i will PM you with more details

as someone who has been asking for free coins as he has no money to buy any (see your previous posts) I don't think I'd trust you with my £45 if I were inclined to join such a 'club'. You're asking people to cough up >£1000 total in advance here. A bit much me thinks for something solely based on trust.

Most people will do the same quick background check as I did and might come to the same conclusion, might not tho.

GL

*edit - lemme just make clear I wouldn't give anyone £45 without some form of trust, but for me that would have to be earned first. Seeing your previous posts in that case wouldn't be a great start (to me). Hope that clarifies what I am trying to convey a bit.

Edited by Ryuchan

as someone who has been asking for free coins as he has no money to buy any (see your previous posts) I don't think I'd trust you with my £45 if I were inclined to join such a 'club'. You're asking people to cough up >£1000 total in advance here. A bit much me thinks for something solely based on trust.

Most people will do the same quick background check as I did and might come to the same conclusion, might not tho.

GL

*edit - lemme just make clear I wouldn't give anyone £45 without some form of trust, but for me that would have to be earned first. Seeing your previous posts in that case wouldn't be a great start (to me). Hope that clarifies what I am trying to convey a bit.

All people who decide to participate will recieve a paypal invoice....... once paid via paypal they will be covered by the paypal buyer protection and can claim back every penny (but they wont have too as they will recieve there coins and be very happy)

also if i was intending on ripping anyone off i whould be using a puppet username and not the same registered user name for the geocaching website and the same name i have used thruout the forum!!

Groundspeak hold my full address, as do Paypal and even one of my caches - GC1V4VD - The Alektorophobia Challenge is in my own garden so not very hard to track me down!!

GL

All people who decide to participate will recieve a paypal invoice....... once paid via paypal they will be covered by the paypal buyer protection and can claim back every penny (but they wont have too as they will recieve there coins and be very happy)

also if i was intending on ripping anyone off i whould be using a puppet username and not the same registered user name for the geocaching website and the same name i have used thruout the forum!!

Groundspeak hold my full address, as do Paypal and even one of my caches - GC1V4VD - The Alektorophobia Challenge is in my own garden so not very hard to track me down!!

glad you cleared that one up then.

GL

GL

ah so everyone else pays £45 and you get your coins for free?

have you thought of what happens when numbers drop off and the price increases and you don't have the funds to buy them at the intened price?

then as already mentioned the exchange rate is very at the moment what happens when it drops or increasaes?

what happens to any money left over after all the coins are purchased?

I'd be supprised if you get 24 people in the current climate

There was UK coin club formed for exactly the reasons you are trying to get another one going.

I would search in the forums and see if you can find the key contact and strike up a conversation to see what happened, and why.

Yes there was it was run by team maddie and i owned the yahoo group (still do) but as the postage issues from the usa started to go away and removed the need to bulk buy it got disbanded. Its now just as cheap to go direct or buy from UK and european caching shops.

It basically got better when none US people started getting their own coins made and US coin sellers had to trade on a parity basis.

The best way to obatain loads of coins is still to create your own exchange only coin which is only available by swapping.

nb.

if an admin could remove the pinned link to the geocoin club i would appreciate it as i cant log in anymore to delete the group etc.