Bookmark List

SterlingConnie

For about a week now when I open my "FTF" bookmark list it is has been really messed up.

First at the top of that page, the BM list name isn't mine, the owner of this list is someone else, and the description belongs to someone else too.

The next odd thing is that the list by default should show 20 per page, but this page shows 95 which are mine and then one extra. The extra one(after 95) is nothing I have ever found, let alone a FTF.

When I click next page I only get a repeat of the first page, nothing changes.

My list should show a total of 185 caches too, but it doesn't.

Maybe this is an issue that is affecting others?

Just thought I would check, thanks.

I can see it listed as your bookmark when I view your profile. On a side note, why does your FTF list need to be public? Is this list for self aggrandizement?

Absolutely!! This is so full of himself. He's even create a fake Diamond Level FTF award for himself. It's kinda sad actually. He was once a respected a cacher in the area but most folks just ignore him around here now... :)

I can see it listed as your bookmark when I view your profile. On a side note, why does your FTF list need to be public? Is this list for self aggrandizement?

Absolutely!! This is so full of himself. He's even create a fake Diamond Level FTF award for himself. It's kinda sad actually. He was once a respected a cacher in the area but most folks just ignore him around here now... :)

Everyone plays the game how they please, provided it doesn't infringe on your fun, so kindly save your ridicule and get out of this thread.

Absolutely!! This is so full of himself. He's even create a fake Diamond Level FTF award for himself. It's kinda sad actually. He was once a respected a cacher in the area but most folks just ignore him around here now... :laughing:

Everyone plays the game how they please, provided it doesn't infringe on your fun, so kindly save your ridicule and get out of this thread.

And you're just a dick. I think that was pretty obvious tongue-in-cheek banter there. Sterling and I talk almost everyday and hunt together often. We give each other grief daily in forums like this as well as others. So please, crawl back under your rock.

My issue continues. I am adding a couple of images of the top and bottom of the bookmark page as it appears when I view it.

Heh that really odd i follow it from your profile then click on the created link and end up at another profile.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default....a1-26bfc6a1f02d

The drop down box for 200 is a new addition for the website using it i can see all the 95 caches on this bookmark list.

Edit to add if i could vote i would also ask you to untick the box make viewable to all, leave it shared and add a link on your profile page. At present all visitors to the cache pages see your FTF list. I believe the wording on the bookmark list page is not clear enough so this is quite a common issue.

Edited by markandlynn

This is what I see:

4203176e-657c-4edd-aa43-8779c226b5e8.jpg

I'm also unsure as to why you are not seeing the same thing...especially since Nate can't duplicate it.

As for a couple of the other issues you bring up:

The cache you've never found, did you try to delete it from the list? What happened?

The 'staying on the same page after clicking page 2 (or whatever number)', that was/is a known issue if you stay on a page of bookmarks for a certain period of time (example, 5 minutes) before trying to go to a different page.

I can't delete Hometown History from my list, cuz it's not on it even though it shows it, plus I never added it, it's just there!??????

I don't linger on the first page either, maybe a couple of seconds before I try then next page or select a different sort number.

I'm doing nothing different than I've done in the past few years.

Thanks for the ideas tho.