Cheap containers heads up.

smstext

Tesco's are doing 4x140ml lock n lock packs at the moment says £1.75 but come to only 75p at the tills, don't know if its just a mistake at my store but a bargain is still a bargain.

I checked in our local Tescos at lunchtime today.. £3.75 for 4... Must be a store specific offer.

Tesco's are doing 4x140ml lock n lock packs at the moment says £1.75 but come to only 75p at the tills, don't know if its just a mistake at my store but a bargain is still a bargain.

4x140ml lock n lock for 75p, at least in Tesco Loughborough yesterday! Almost as cheap as film pots, and more waterproof, as well!

Edited by RoPeHe

to those who say that the price isnt 75p pick up a pack and go scan them on one of those wall scanners and not go buy the price underneath it on the shelf.

The 90p shop in Abingdon, oxon for those local to me has some great cache containers going cheap and stuff to fill them with. Last time i looked they had the magnetic key holders too for 90p each.

oh well, i guess we all be scanning containers in there now just in case there is a price difference in our favour :laughing:

I did wonder if the individual containers are 75 pence each.... four of them being 3 quid. These four are wrapped up in clear plastic that when scanned, is picking up the barcode of an individual container inside, rather than a bulk packing bar code, and thus four go through, priced as one and you get your 75p bargain?

J

I did wonder if the individual containers are 75 pence each.... four of them being 3 quid. These four are wrapped up in clear plastic that when scanned, is picking up the barcode of an individual container inside, rather than a bulk packing bar code, and thus four go through, priced as one and you get your 75p bargain?

The label on the outer packaging reads "Klip fresh square foodsaver. 4 Pack 140ml." and has barcode 5 051622 117985

The individual boxes each contain a label "4 pack klip fresh foodsaver 140ml" with no barcode.

Advertised on the shelf (at Loughborough) as "4 x 140ml for 75p, equivalent to 18p each" and I was charged 75p at the checkout for each pack of 4.

Maybe they are on special offer only in certain stores.

Oh joy, more cheap micros. ;) What a shame people aren't buying 1 or 2 litre boxes. :D

I'm not sure which "cheap micros" you're referring to...

My link above in post #16 gives container sizes up to 9 litres (and that one's definitely not "cheap" at £10.77! :D )

MrsB :(

I think its about no some smart arse :) should point out at that price you can always visit your local Army & Navy Store and by an Ammo Box.

Then you can have the pleasure of placing a real Cache :huh:

I'm not sure which "cheap micros" you're referring to...

Oops! Sorry for any unintended offence caused Mrs B, definitely none intened :) There are some very nice large containers in the link you provided.

I was just picturing a 140ml container which was the size being discussed in the early posts and wondering how you would fit in a logbook, pencil, reasonable swaps and still leave room for the odd TB or two.

Edited by Neath Worthies

I think its about no some smart arse :) should point out at that price you can always visit your local Army & Navy Store and by an Ammo Box.

Then you can have the pleasure of placing a real Cache :huh:

If only finding ammo boxes were that easy. Sometimes you don't have that option - certainly the local army surplus store can't get hold of them. Hasn't stopped me placing "real" caches though.

Loads of good quality 'Lock & Lock' containers in Lakeland's sale

...and other useful stuff, of course,

... for those who like to deep roast their seafood. :)

MrsB

Is it me or does the "butter dish" just look like a L&L they've turned upside down!! ;)

As for the mermaid roaster - it's been a while since I caught one of them! The front shot does look like more like a safety deposit box! Love the single review complaining about the welded spuds! :huh:

I think its about no some smart arse ;) should point out at that price you can always visit your local Army & Navy Store and by an Ammo Box.

Then you can have the pleasure of placing a real Cache :blink:

If only finding ammo boxes were that easy. Sometimes you don't have that option - certainly the local army surplus store can't get hold of them. Hasn't stopped me placing "real" caches though.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&amp...sa=N&tab=wf

Its not "that" hard to find them...

Not meant as a flaming... OK I do hate Micro's and smalls, here I am trying to promote proper caches!

Although the real cheap ones seem sold out: :laughing:

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/h83.htm

I just need to find the hide for the ones that are left! :laughing:

Edited by GerritS