Exsiiron's Mysteriously Moving Cache

Exsiiron

Hello Fellow Geocachers,

I have an idea of a cache. Instead of finding a cache and hiding it in the exact same position that it was found , move the cache to a different location and contact the owner of the cache of the new coordinates. I think it would be fun and I might try it but all I want to know is what you, my fellow Geocachers, think. I will add any extra info that might be useful if needed.

Post, post, post,

Exsiiron

PS: This project is called Exsiiron's Mysteriously Moving Cache (or Project EMMC)

Try reading the Cache Permanence guideline more carefully.

When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) most likely will not be published.

When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) most likely will not be published.

Yeah, I just looked it up. Sorry guys.

Exsiiron :P

(ex-seer-ron)

Yeah, I just looked it up. Sorry guys.

Exsiiron :P

(ex-seer-ron)

True, there is that little blurb in the guidelines. But I would have expected a bigger more prominent mention in the Grandfathered cach type section, or in the page that lists all types of caches (which is not part of the guidelines). So don't feel bad Exsiiron. :D Pretty much I think new moving caches were banned from Geocaching.com right about the time I started Geocaching. And that's a very long time ago by Geocaching standards.

But.

As has been said earlier, you could put a TB tag on it.

However... If your boxis too large for most of the caches out there to accommodate it, it won't move too often and may remain in a cachers hands for a while, until they find a cache large enough to take it.

Sometime ago I did move a small TB teddybear that had a backpack on, that you could swap small items, like you do with a cache.

I am, however, aware of one that moves vertically along a cliff face. Difficulty and terrain changes are posted in the rehider's logs. Coordinates must remain the same.

We have one in Florida (can't remember exactly where) that is on a 1 mile long guardrail...every time it's found the finder moves it to the next support until it reaches the other end, then the process reverses direction. Not sure if it was placed before/after the guideline change.

one in Florida (can't remember exactly where) that is on a 1 mile long guardrail...every time it's found the finder moves it to the next support until it reaches the other end, then the process reverses direction. Not sure if it was placed before/after the guideline change.

Until I read this I was sorry that they had banned the moving caches.

Man I think this would drive me nuts.

Guy from the parallel universe: it's a great idea though. Was smart of you to come up with it.

Just someone thought of it a while ago, and then someone else un-thought it before you got here.

one in Florida (can't remember exactly where) that is on a 1 mile long guardrail...every time it's found the finder moves it to the next support until it reaches the other end, then the process reverses direction. Not sure if it was placed before/after the guideline change.

Until I read this I was sorry that they had banned the moving caches.

Man I think this would drive me nuts.

Guy from the parallel universe: it's a great idea though. Was smart of you to come up with it.

Just someone thought of it a while ago, and then someone else un-thought it before you got here.

How do we know he doesn't travel back in time and create travelling caches?

There is a puzzle cache in Albany (Oregon) that is in a parking lot with 4 light posts. Talk about the nightmare LPC

Really? Can you show me the link or something 'cause i have never heard about that.

Exsiiron

You have two hides which means that you checked the box that said you read and understand the guidelines when you submitted your caches.

The information is in there. It would be a good idea to read them again before hiding another cache.

Really? Can you show me the link or something 'cause i have never heard about that.

Exsiiron

You have two hides which means that you checked the box that said you read and understand the guidelines when you submitted your caches.

The information is in there. It would be a good idea to read them again before hiding another cache.

GC1FQVD is another one that is still active.

My idea of a travelling cache that Groundspeak would accept is simply a logbook with a TB tag attached to it. But try to attach a usual TB suspect as well, like a teddy bear or other toy.

Epiphany!!

Want a traveling cache? Put a bison tube, with a log to sign, on a TB. Instant traveling cache.

It's as close as GS will allow.

(I know, thats pretty much what you said)