Bugfix request for Blackberry browser

ArneH

In the browser at my Blackberry 9000, a few features of the Geocaching site do not work:

* the link "There are more logs View them all on one page" on the bottom of a cache page is not visible

* the links "Profile || Geocaches || Trackables || Gallery || Bookmark Lists " on a profile page do not work

This is a function of the browser in your handheld, and not the website.

Well, yes and no. It's Groundspeak's choice whether or not to code the site so that it's compatible with any given browser.

Now I can fully understand them not doing very much to fix standards compliance issues for the browser in a BlackBerry, but like pretty much every other site on the planet they still have to jump through hoops to make Internet Explorer 6 work.

This is a function of the browser in your handheld, and not the website.

Well, yes and no. It's Groundspeak's choice whether or not to code the site so that it's compatible with any given browser.

Now I can fully understand them not doing very much to fix standards compliance issues for the browser in a BlackBerry, but like pretty much every other site on the planet they still have to jump through hoops to make Internet Explorer 6 work.

Yes, you are more precisely correct.

It seems that only one hand-held device is currently in favor at Groundspeak, but I can't for the life of me understand why.

I have problems on the list of caches that I have not found... I can't get past the first page. If I click on any of the other pages it appears that it is running script to get to the next page but then comes back to the first page. All the correct boxes in the browser configuration are checked.... I have a Blackberry Curve through Virgin Mobile and have contacted them but nothing they say to do fixes the issue. I am beginning to think that it must be a gc.com issue because I don't have this difficulty on other websites.

It is disappointing to say the least!

I have problems on the list of caches that I have not found... I can't get past the first page. If I click on any of the other pages it appears that it is running script to get to the next page but then comes back to the first page. All the correct boxes in the browser configuration are checked.... I have a Blackberry Curve through Virgin Mobile and have contacted them but nothing they say to do fixes the issue. I am beginning to think that it must be a gc.com issue because I don't have this difficulty on other websites.

Never had a problem with my Curve (Just switched to Droid). Try using Opera and see if you still have the problem.

Does it support Javascript? If not, that's the problem.

Actually, on the newer Blackberry models (tour etc) you need javascript OFF to even display the gc.com website, even using IE or FF emulation on the BB. Turning javascript on "by demand" when cicking on one of the tabs does not work. Gc.com is about the only website that doesn't display well on the BB.