Small Ammo Can is... Small? Regular?

Wogus!

Silly question but I'm still kinda new at this. Point being I have some ammo cans I am refurbishing for use as cache containers.

These ammo boxes measure right at 7"L x 3 1/2"W x 10H"

Would these ammo cans qualify as "Small" or "Standard" size caches? I've read the guidelines and I could go either way. Does it matter all that much?

Silly question but I'm still kinda new at this. Point being I have some ammo cans I am refurbishing for use as cache containers.

Would these ammo cans qualify as "Small" or "Standard" size caches? I've read the guidelines and I could go either way. Does it matter all that much?

I would say it's somewhere between small and regular... In this case I'd error on the side of regular.

That's a pretty unusual size for an ammo can. Can you post some pics for us to drool over? At 10" high, I would lean toward calling it a regular, but I'm not sure.
If you don't mind a crummy pic, drool all you want. Minor mistake in my previous post, they're 10" long and 7" high. I buy them online here: http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/produc...mo-can-2662.cfm

Great cans, by the way. The ones I've gotten have always been good and tight. Clean too, inside and out.

I would say it's somewhere between small and regular... In this case I'd error on the side of regular.

Is there a "Smegular" option?

Maybe "Regular" with a note in the description that it's a small-than-average can? I was thinking that might be the way to go...

Just trying to be polite, you know?

Thanks for the input, btw...

Is there a "Smegular" option?

Maybe "Regular" with a note in the description that it's a small-than-average can? I was thinking that might be the way to go...

Just trying to be polite, you know?

Thanks for the input, btw...

That sounds like a reasonable way to proceed.

I used the same size can for my first cache. I set it to traditional cache because I considered small to be something really small to find like a pill bottle size.

Two points: traditional is a type, not a size. Most pill bottles fall under micro based on lack of room for trade items.

That ammo can is size regular.

Edited by Castle Mischief

I used the same size can for my first cache. I set it to traditional cache because I considered small to be something really small to find like a pill bottle size.

Two points: traditional is a type, not a size. Most pill bottles fall under micro based on lack of room for trade items.

That ammo can is size regular.

You are right I did set it to regular in size.

I'd call it a regular.

Kudos for using what I consider to be the best overall container on the planet.
Sooo awesome. Handy for many a-thing around the house and shop... After a paint-job

Somewhere, there's a 50 cal ammo can that feels spurned.
No lack of love for the .50 cal can here... These little un's are just a tad easier to use for hides.

Small is about 1 quart or less according to the guidelines. Google says that is about 58 cu inches. Your ammo box is quite a few times larger than that, so definitely regular.
Now that's the sort of technical answer I can get behind! Thanks for the clarification.

So would this table, then, be roughly accurate?

Micro
: Equal to or less than .1 liters/3 fluid ounces/6 cu inches.

Small
: At least .1 liters/3 fluid ounces/6 cu inches, but less than 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches.

Regular
: At least 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches, but less than 20 liters/5 gallons/1,220 cu inches.

Large
: 20 liters/5 gallons/1,220 cu inches or greater in volume.

Yes, I am currently bored at work...

So would this table, then, be roughly accurate?

Micro

Small
: At least .1 liters/3 fluid ounces/6 cu inches, but less than 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches.

Regular
: At least 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches, but less than 20 liters/5 gallons/1,220 cu inches.

Large

Yes, I am currently bored at work...

It depends on who you talk to. I have found lots of micros that are smalls. Hey, if you can trade tiny erasers then its a small right? :laughing::laughing:

It depends on who you talk to. I have found lots of micros that are smalls. Hey, if you can trade tiny erasers then its a small right?
Heh...

I guess for lack of anything better to do I'm just trying to iron out some of the "vague" in the Guidelines. I merely used some applied logic to calculate the size parameters where they are not specifically spelled out in the Guidelines and that's what I come up with. Sounds about good to me!

Edited Table:

Micro

Small
: More than .1 liters/3 fluid ounces/6 cu inches, but less than 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches.

Regular
: More than 1.0 liter/32 fluid ounces/61 cu inches, but less than 20 liters/5 gallons/1,220 cu inches.

Large

Now my tortured soul can find rest...

Edited by Jupiter_Jack