The Rokon Trailbreaker

Scubasonic

Rokon has a long history and nearly cult following. Not overly pricey when you consider the added engineering and manufacturing involved in the front drive. It may be overkill for what you want though. Do you have that many back country caches that are in places that don't prohibit motor vehicles? Perhaps a dual-sport would be more practical. Something you could put plates on and still ride off road.

Rokon has a long history and nearly cult following. Not overly pricey when you consider the added engineering and manufacturing involved in the front drive. It may be overkill for what you want though. Do you have that many back country caches that are in places that don't prohibit motor vehicles? Perhaps a dual-sport would be more practical. Something you could put plates on and still ride off road.

Agree.

Rokons that I have been aware of are not road legal. Wonderful machine, but you have to transport it by other machines (that's OK too, if you have the means). Most I know using motorbikes use a dual purpose machine, licensed but still gets them deep in the toolies. :laughing:

Do you have that many back country caches that are in places that don't prohibit motor vehicles? Perhaps a dual-sport would be more practical. Something you could put plates on and still ride off road.

Not probably enough to justify, however down south there are many caches that are up in the hills and only accessable by 4 X 4 or long walks, and the Rokon is very light only about 205 lbs

SS

Edited by Scubasonic

I have been looking for something to assist me in those really out of the way caches, and ran across this cool motorcycle well if you can call it that. Has anyone had any experience with the thing they look like a whole lot of fun, but very unique.

www.rokon.com

ScubaSonic

Of course you'd use them only where allowed.

I can sure think of a bunch of forest service roads here in Colorado where I'd love to give that thing a test drive!

That's what I was thinking.

SS

How bad are the fire roads in your area? I'd think a novice could take a small dualsport on almost any fire road and something like a DR200 is well under 300 lbs. and street legal. I ride a DRz400. Rather heavy but good power, can handle highway speed and is darn near bullet proof.