wrong driving directions given.

Burton wanderers

I don't think cache pages give you driving directions.

Below the box with coordinates, there is a link to Print the cache page, and right beside that there is a link to driving directions. When I click on that it takes me to a map that has driving directions from my home coordinates to the cache.

It is fairly new, maybe you just missed it. However, it is kinda fun to use. Not as easy as using my 60csx to find the driving direction. Plus it is not always accurate. :)

You're refering to the new "Driving Directions" feature under the cache coordinates box, correct ?

Up in the top right of the google map, click on Help .

Either FAQ or contact to get it corrected. Probably just a glich and maybe just in your area.

Seems odd, as it's "supposed" to give you directions based on the cache coordinates, not "Sounds Like..."

I've been using it when I head out on the motorcycle, since I never got around to installing the wiring for the nuvi. Usually pretty accurate.

Good luck.

Ah! Still make sure that use use the GPS directions, or 'Driving Directions' with a grain of salt. They will tell you how to get to the nearest road. This might not always be appropriate. I was hunting a cache, and the driving instructions told me to park on the NJ Turnpike. That would have required slogging through the swamps, after climbing the fence.

I've got one where the driving instructions will tell you to park in the Lincoln Tunnel! For goodness sakes! That's why I put in parking coordinates. (And had to fudge them to get you closer to River Road than the tunnel...)