Best service for statistics on cache page?

Sol seaker

I need a cache statistics service that will list the statistics for the caches I've found on my profile page.

I need a service that will show a chart of the caches I've done in terms of difficulty and terrain.

One day I might consider doing a challenge cache that uses these statistics, but only if I'm somewhere in the ball park of being able to, and I need to know when I'm close.

I know a lot of cachers use the GSAK (geocaching swiss army knife) and although it seems the best it does cost money. i need something free.

I've looked at a couple, by looking at people's cache pages, but it is tedious looking for different services when so many people don't have any at all.

So what are your favorites?

Post links if you can.

Also I'd appreciate it if you can post links to someone who is using these so I can see what they look like.

the sites they come from don't seem to show that of all silly things.

Thanks!!!

Edited by Sol seaker

http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/aboutthissite.aspx

this is another one I've been looking at.

Looking for others to compare it to. This one has a great chart for seeing how challenging the caches you've done are.

It also is putting into it's statistics a chart on how far you've gotten on your Delorme Challenge for your state.

Only it doesn't have all the states in there yet for that challenge.

I asked them when they'll have WA state, and they said they are putting them up in the order people request them, so I'm still some six weeks out. But they are working on it.

Until then the other stats look pretty good.

If you're a Windows user, try out cachestats by logicweave.

The only "problem" with these are that they work with your My Finds PQ only, so your stats can be one week out of date. You can, of course, edit My Finds by hand. With GSAK, on the other hand, you can download individual cache GPX and update the DB to have it brought up to date.

http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/aboutthissite.aspx

this is another one I've been looking at.

Looking for others to compare it to. This one has a great chart for seeing how challenging the caches you've done are.

It also is putting into it's statistics a chart on how far you've gotten on your Delorme Challenge for your state.

Only it doesn't have all the states in there yet for that challenge.

I asked them when they'll have WA state, and they said they are putting them up in the order people request them, so I'm still some six weeks out. But they are working on it.

Until then the other stats look pretty good.

I believe that one and itsnotaboutthenumbers.com are the only two "web browser based" ones out there, that don't require GSAK. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. :)

I actually don't like mygeocachingprofile because many of the stats provided, and the wording on said stats really make you sound like an obsessed numbers ho' if you put them on your profile. Because me, I'm "not about the numbers" of course. :blink: That's just my opinion though, and I doubt very many share it. I'd consider mygeocahingprofile to have better graphics than itsnotaboutthenumbers. And hopefully all those "achievement badges" are optional.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel
I know a lot of cachers use the GSAK (geocaching swiss army knife) and although it seems the best it does cost money. i need something free.
You pay to be a premium every year and GSAK is 25$ for a lot longer. The only time you have to pay again is with a major upgrade and that never happened since I registered 2 years ago though there was many upgrade since then and they were all free.

Like someone said, it's free as long as you like to live with a delay when you start GSAK. I suggest you giv it a go and if you like it (there are more than stats to like that application) then you may decided to register it after all.

Also I'd appreciate it if you can post links to someone who is using these so I can see what they look like.
You can visit my website but you will have to switch to French to get stats. It's because I manually edit some fields and I'm a bit lazy to redo that with the english output so I skip it totally.

I love GSAK, and like others have said, it's free with a delay, or costs for immediate access (I paid.. it's fairly inexpensive for what it can do). I use the FindGenStatsv3 macro, which is totally customizable (including 4 different profiles) to what you want to show on the stats page. And now they just added county information, so you can show maps by county of your favorite state(s).

My profile is still a work in progress, but check out the "goals and stats" tab.