cache container suggestion...?

mahini

I haven't placed a cache before... so, I apologize if I am asking "duh" type stuff...

My boss has a pre-teen girl, & she was concerned about her discretely carrying her "sanitary products", so I offered to google & help find such a device. This is what I came upon! Would it make a decent cache?

getthumb.jpg

The product description:

It's Waterproof!

Take your Sports RAGTOTES® Tampon Case with you when you go sailing, swimming, canoeing, white-water rafting, kayaking, backpacking, biking You get the picture..

Comes with a handy snap clip for attaching to anything with a ring or loop such as, belt loops, fanny packs, cargo pants, and backpacks.

DIMENSIONS:

6" Long

1 ¾" Diameter

CONSTRUCTION:

Material:

Thick, (ABS) Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene walls that are strong and crush-proof under most circumstances..

Screw on Top & Bottom, with Durable Rubber Ring:

Guaranteed to last through 100,000 open/close actions (in other words, practically forever).

This Tampon Case is made of a special material to resist extreme adversity, is waterproof and will support 200 lbs. of weight without crushing!

Only thing to think about is how long will the rubber o-ring last in the wild before it breaks down and stops sealing? Sure, it says it's good for 100,000 opens/closes, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't take into account sitting outside through an Iowa winter, which will be a bit harsher than the inside of a purse!

By the way, you live in Iowa, you need to get out to the Spencer Public Library and place a cache there in memory of Dewey Readmore Books, the library cat! I just finished reading the book about him, and if Spencer wasn't 1700 miles away from me, I'd hop on the motorcycle and do it myself! Heck, I might just do that anyways! I have 10 days off coming up in a week or two....

Only thing to think about is how long will the rubber o-ring last in the wild before it breaks down and stops sealing? Sure, it says it's good for 100,000 opens/closes, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't take into account sitting outside through an Iowa winter, which will be a bit harsher than the inside of a purse!

By the way, you live in Iowa, you need to get out to the Spencer Public Library and place a cache there in memory of Dewey Readmore Books, the library cat! I just finished reading the book about him, and if Spencer wasn't 1700 miles away from me, I'd hop on the motorcycle and do it myself! Heck, I might just do that anyways! I have 10 days off coming up in a week or two....

We were just in spencer on the 5th!! Its about 3-4 hours from us, so we don't make it too often. There's a book about him?

*heads to a search engine....*

And to answer the question, I think one would make a great cache container as long as it's not exposed directly to "extreme" conditions.

I have a similar container hanging on the back of a fence that's been holding up well for the last 2 1/2 years. I think it's a promo item from a cigarette company or something.

Now what do you think about asking Ragtotes to make some in camouflage?

Wow. That product has an unfortunate name.

My thought as well. I mean would "sani-totes" have been too much to ask for?

Or "tamp-totes", perhaps?

To Hrethgir: How would that rubber o-ring be any different from the rubber o-ring in a Bison tube or matchstick holder?

This doesn't strike me as an inconspicuous way to carry girl products. :D

I agree. I think it would make people question it more. "What is that thing hanging on your belt loop?" ;)

"Oh, just a geocache. Yeah, that's it... a geocache. Like that geeky thing my parents do. I'm just trying it out for them."

This doesn't strike me as an inconspicuous way to carry girl products. :D

I agree. I think it would make people question it more. "What is that thing hanging on your belt loop?" ;)

"Oh, just a geocache. Yeah, that's it... a geocache. Like that geeky thing my parents do. I'm just trying it out for them."

maybe I'll do that! hang it from my belt loops, get myself a TB code & let me people discover me!

We were just in spencer on the 5th!! Its about 3-4 hours from us, so we don't make it too often. There's a book about him?

*heads to a search engine....*

Sure is, and it's a very good book, the title is simply "Dewey", and has a great picture of him on the cover. Heck, the Spencer Public Library website still has info about him on there, and even prints you can buy. And I mapped it out, Spence is a little over 1700 miles from me, so me getting out there to place something would be... unlikely. I would like to see the library now, though, although I'd probably cry and look like an idiot, but I'm used to that!