GE KML Redesign

OpinioNate

An example was just this weekend when we were travelling away. We like to do some caches along the route to break up the drive, but short of covering a massive area with a PQ, it was not easy to just look along the route and pick out likely stops. I am so grateful to be getting this back! :D

I think that while the KMLfeature is/was among the best and most useful, it seems as if you did not try the Caches Along A Route feature .

Trev

Fabulous job on the new KML!

I think you have improved on the old KML. I love the "On Request" feature. It only burdens the system (yours and mine) when I need it...not every time I randomly pan around not realizing I am hooked to GC.com live. Well done! :D

Reach around and pat yourself on the back on my behalf :D

I never used this feature before, but wow it is amazing. The ability to turn off refreshing is amazing and saves so much time! I just wish it had the some of the filter features(mainly my finds) of the online version. Many thanks for the hard work.

Since I posted many 'bring it back' messages, I owe it to post a great big THANK YOU note. The new feature is better than the old. I'm pretty sure 500 caches per page is much better than the previous version, and the icons are smaller, which is great! Also, with my membership expiring next month I will now definately renew, rather than holding out. THANKS AGAIN!

Thank you for the new way of seeing the caches on Google Earth. We had to read the instructions a bit, as the new method is a bit different than what it was before. But we really like the new version and are eternally grateful that this issue was resolved. We relied heavily on GE with the KML feature showing where all the caches were! Thanks once again! :D:D:D

IS there a list somewhere of the "improvements" that were made as far as features added? I seem to remember previously that there was at one time a 200 refresh limit, which it appears has been raised to 250 from premium members.

What other improvements?

Thanks for bringing it back.

IS there a list somewhere of the "improvements" that were made as far as features added? I seem to remember previously that there was at one time a 200 refresh limit, which it appears has been raised to 250 from premium members.

As far as I know the only significant new feature is the ability to set it to refresh on demand instead of automatically. And apparently the refresh limit actually used to be 500 so that part isn't an improvement. The rest of the changes are stuff "under the hood" to make it use less server resources thus allowing it to be brought back.

An example was just this weekend when we were travelling away. We like to do some caches along the route to break up the drive, but short of covering a massive area with a PQ, it was not easy to just look along the route and pick out likely stops. I am so grateful to be getting this back! :lol:

I think that while the KMLfeature is/was among the best and most useful, it seems as if you did not try the Caches Along A Route feature .

Trev

I did try that and could never get any results!!!