Search for Newest Caches

How infuriating is this...

I get to Newest caches released in South Wales Area, but unable to look at any other pages.

The Properties for the second and others pages reads as :-

java script:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentBody$pgrBottom$ctl16','')

Please help as this is a good way of seeing which new caches have been placed.

The second page is usually more helpful as the First page is mainly Events which are yet to happen

Using this page and selecting 'South Wales' in the State/Province box works ok for me. Clicking Next brings up the further pages... Perhaps it's just you? ;)

Works ok for me too.

Is Java up to date on your PC?

Thanks for both replies, I am using Firefox with adblock enabled

SP that is the link I use

Could be that Java is not up to date on my PC, I've not made any changes recently and the problem has happened in the last couple of days. Any help would be very welcome. ;)

Er... Java is not remotely involved here. The switching from one page to the next involves Javascript. Apart from the first four letters, the two have nothing in common. So "updating Java" would be irrelevant, and "updating Javascript" is not possible; it's built in to the browser.

I would start with a reboot, clearing all private data ("Tools" menu), and turning off AdBlock and all other add-ins.

As said, this is an issue with JavaScript not working. Use IE and you should find the links working fine.

I assume you're not trying to open the links in a new tab/window or anything silly?

First off, check JavaScript is enabled:

http://mistered.us/tips/javascript/firefox.shtml

I'd have my money on adblock or another addon blocking the JavaScript. Start off by opening Firefox in safe-mode and disabling your add-ons so we can see if they're causing the problems and then get back to us: http://www.universefirefox.com/how-to/fire...e-how-to-use-it

Hi!

Do you use the AVG virus scanner?

I had the same problem and turning off the AVG toolbar fixed the problem. (The add in for clicking malicious links can stay turned on. :rolleyes:

Regards

Atti

Yes I use AVG and have turned off the toolbar but still a problem. Thanks for the suggestion. :mad:

As said, this is an issue with JavaScript not working. Use IE and you should find the links working fine.

I assume you're not trying to open the links in a new tab/window or anything silly?

First off, check JavaScript is enabled:

http://mistered.us/tips/javascript/firefox.shtml

I'd have my money on adblock or another addon blocking the JavaScript. Start off by opening Firefox in safe-mode and disabling your add-ons so we can see if they're causing the problems and then get back to us: http://www.universefirefox.com/how-to/fire...e-how-to-use-it

I do know Jave and JavaScript are different although it is easy to think they are linked due to the similar names.

Tested IE which I don't use but Write still uses.

Not trying to open the links in a new window or tab.

JavaScript is enabled as I'd checked that previously.

Interestingly having opened Firefox in safe-mode and disabled add-ons BRILLIANT works wonderfully, but I HATE the adverts, didn't realise just how annoying they are as they got blocked ages ago.

Thanks for the help, how do I discover which add0ons are causing the problem. Very grateful for all the help offered.

Will check out the link provided by Telkman, to see if I can find anything to help.

If you're using AdBlockPlus and it is the one causing the problem, you can disable it on a per site basis using the toolbar button.

Otherwise, give us a list of your addons like so, and we'll probably be able to tell you which is problematic:

remove-firefox-addons.jpg

Disable all your add ons. Then make sure the web page opens OK. Then enable the add ons one by one until it fails and there's the culprit - hopefully!

Chris (MrB)

I have just done that and discovered the culprit. :D

Thanks for all the help.

This Post could be closed now as I am a happy cacher again. :rolleyes::mad:

Edited by Write and Mane

What was the culprit for you?

I'm wondering if the AVG toolbar is causing me problems, just recently I've noticed that I can't page through lists of caches when I could before.

I had the same problem within Firefox, and it was indeed caused by the AVG toolbar recently added via an AVG update. Go to Tools>Add-ons and you can easily disable it from there.