Thinking about doing a hide

JustJackMN

I'm thinking about doing my first hide. What I want to know is this: Do premium members get advanced knowledge of the hides before the general members?

nope.

Jim

Although they may find out about the publishing sooner:

Instant Log Notification Feature

Click here to visit the Insta-Notify page.

You can subscribe to a location and whenever certain logs are entered by geocachers in that area, you receive an email. The new "publish" log type will allow you to be the first one in your area to get notified of a new listing. As the new feature is improved, other log types like found notes will be added.

Then maybe I won't bother..........the rich get enough privileges as it is.

Now that is a great attitude. Keep your cache, we didn't need it anyhow, besides the King will hide enough so your one or two won't matter.

Jim

Probably just fill it up with poor people stuff anyway instead of the premium member caches that are filled with fairy dust and unicorns.

Then maybe I won't bother..........the rich get enough privileges as it is.

Now that is a great attitude. Keep your cache, we didn't need it anyhow, besides the King will hide enough so your one or two won't matter.

Jim

Uhhh.. Jim, The king is dead... :(

Sorry that I'm an equal opportunity guy.........besides you get your own private caches that us little people don't get a chance at.

:(:o:DB) You have no idea how much that pulls at the heartstrings. And for your information none, as in zip, zero, nada, of my caches exclude small minded people like your self. Only an elitist would make comments like you made.

Jim

Edit: I would also like to point out that the majority of the caches you have logged to date are owned by either premium members or charter members. I did not see where you did not get a chance to get them, I did not see where you were prevented from logging them. Your a little over impressed with your place in the world, aren't you?

Edited by jholly

I won't duck into the flaming match here I'll just say this.

I'm in the process of placing a series of caches in an area near my home (so I can take good care of them) and I really don't care who hears about them first.

They will be available to all members and if the FTF is a premium member or regular member that's just fine by me. The FTF is only the first - I hope my caches will be available for hundreds or thousands of finds. I hope my cache hides bring people to interesting places and that they enjoyed the experience whether that is a quiet hike alone in the woods or a family race to 1000 finds. Whether its a quick park and grab on the way to work or maybe your first find after searching ground zero for 30 minutes.

Makes no difference to me. I enjoy caching and it has inspired me to begin my search for a quality set of caches that I hope people enjoy.

I would hope that everyone that decides to hide and maintain a cache would feel somewhat the same.

On second thought maybe I will hide some just so you can find them.

Actually what you should do is hide it so they can't find them.

Not everyone does PMO caches. I have one [soon] but it is only because it is a cache that you could get hurt bad doing. If a local regular cacher wants to go for it- I'll gladly give you the coords. I don't want ma and the kids with 5 finds looking for a cache they can get hurt searching for.

Non PM can log PMP caches. (Just need to know how.)

Don't let these meanies bother you. :( Worry about hiding good caches.

Probably just fill it up with poor people stuff anyway instead of the premium member caches that are filled with fairy dust and unicorns.

Just to let you know, this absolutely slayed me. :(:ph34r:

I think, just to even things out for the little people, that I'll place a cache with one of those amusement park signs next to it that says, If you are taller than this sign, you may not log this find, you rich premium member elitist.

Just to let you know, this absolutely slayed me. :(:ph34r:

I think, just to even things out for the little people, that I'll place a cache with one of those amusement park signs next to it that says, If you are taller than this sign, you may not log this find, you rich premium member elitist.

Now that had me rolling. But its also the start of a neat little idea. Similar but not exactly the same.